Anthrax's Deathrider sounds like...

Andythrax

Mar 18, 2002
Visit site
Andbody else here think that the opening/main riff on "Deathrider" sounds an awful lot like "Hit the Lights" by Selloutica? I've been listening more to Stomp 442 and SOWN and they grow on me more every listen. I start thinking these might be my favorites (as well as John's vocals) but then I put on POT or Among the Living and HOLY SHIT-Stomp and SOWN are nothing compared to those. Just another opinion.

Charlie's drumming does blow away Lars' anyday. I always had the feeling that Lars learned to play drums not to long before forming Metallica which might be why he didn't play much double bass on "Kill 'Em All." In his defense though, and speaking as a drummer myself, double bass takes a while to learn and perfect. Charlie's a natural, of course.

To put it into perspective, all you would really need to say is "Hey, where's Charlies wallet? Ohh, it's right there, it's the one that says bad Mother Fu$%er on it!" Charlie is one of the best drummers around!

Yeah, Lars actually did start playing just before Metallica formed, He did get quite good until the Black Album where he decided boring stagnant drumming would be his forte from then on, now he is just another lame mallcore drummer.Benante does rule, but I wish he would do more double bass on the new stuff, there is nothing better than double bass IMO.