Yes! Deathrider back in setlist

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
The mighty Deathrider has returned to the Anthrax setlist, which I think is great. Among the Living seems to be a staple again too, and it looks like I'm Alive has been dropped. Not a bad thing. Good tune, but the 4 they do from WM are probably the best to promote the record on the road.

Medusa appears to be back too. Is it just me or does Medusa seem to be Joey's tune for the live set, as in the tune he almost insists on the band playing? It's a cool tune and all, but I'm not sure that 25+ years on, it's a live staple classic. In My World, KiitF, AIR anyone?

I'd still love to hear them try a Room For One More or something from the Bush era. There's just too much great material that's being ignored. Anyways, this isn't a bitch...... it's good that the setlist isn't totally concreted, especially given the Frankie and Charlie state of play.

Here's the setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/anthrax/2012/tabernacle-atlanta-ga-bdeb5ca.html

Deathrider is a kickass song, no doubt about that! On the reunion tour I hated how Joey sang the song, but he's doing much better this time around. I think he's singing it more in his own style, not trying to sound like Neil Turbin.

I also agree that Medusa must be "Joey's song". It's basically like a vocal clinic for him, so I'm not surprised. It's a fun live song too!

I'd still rather hear I'm Alive if and when they ever get here.

I personally think Medusa is one of Joey's best songs for his vocal style and allows him to really show his vocal range.

Here's a clip. Sound is average but great to see they're playing it at the original break neck speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like Deathrider at the original tempo; I could never get into with the halftime groove they did the last few times it was played.

Medusa is definitely Joey's pick for the setlist. At the Sayreville gig, he prefaced the song by saying he had to practically beg the guys to play it every night. It's also one of the very few Anthrax songs he's continued doing solo after abandoning the almost-exclusively-Anthrax setlists.