Anti-American thingo

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.imhotepzine.com/anti_american/

Quite interesting - they asked lots of metal and hard rock music-types about why there's such an anti-American sentiment around the world. Here are the ones I thought were the most noteworthy:

Alan Nemtheanga (Primordial)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why the lives of over 1 000 000 Africans in Rhwanda are somehow less worthy then the 3000 people who died in 9-11? the answer is clear. There is no oil in Rhwanda.[/font]

Andy Sneap (Sabbat)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The reason? The White Stripes I guess.
[/font]
Billy Gould (ex-Faith No More, ex-Brujeria)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isn't the reason obvious for the anti-American feeling? It's totally obvious to me. The majority of Americans have their heads up their asses.

[/font]Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain Of Salvation)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's of course in a way unfair towards the American people, but politically and historically they should have seen this coming for a long time – why should this time be any different than the rest of our history? The problem seems to be that they constantly vote for presidents that have no clue about knowledge, science and history - or international relations I might add.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fighting fire with fire only worked once - in a Metallica song. And to be honest, I don't think it worked really well even then. ;) Right now, USA follows a historical well-repeated pattern of paranoia and active defense in a crusade that's been done so many times before in the backwaters of the birth and prosperity of grand nations, and it has always led to devastation and collapse of the social and political structures, the minute you spend more money on defense than on social matters and sociopolitical development. I cannot understand how they do not see that? You only have to read a few books to see that pattern - and they are in the library for crying out load!

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't expect every citizen to know this, but the government, the president that leads his people down a path of destruction that has never worked, it's just sad to see. Since the so-called war on terror started you can't go anywhere without risking to be blown to pieces or be caught in someone's crossfire. The initiative is of course very heroic and decided, and might have worked in a bad film starring Mel Gibson - but it doesn't work in real life, never have. How can this not be more known by at least someone influential enough people in the White House staff or even the press and public? Does it need to be on Letterman or Ricki Lake for this knowledge to be spread? When Bush junior walked into the White House I said that "this man is gonna lead the world to war and instability - it's in his eyes for anyone to see" - and I still don't think it was a coincidence that 9/11 happened during his reign. He is a threat not only to the American people, but to all peoples, to the environment and, utterly, to himself. He should be in another business.

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry. It is all about understanding how other nations and political systems function (the holocausts in Hiroshima and Nagasaki - the only times nuclear weapons were ever used on civilians by the way - took place due to a lacking knowledge of Japanese communication and pride), and that knowledge is not encouraged in the States right now. Americans - start an intellectual revolution! Live by the rule "if you're twice as big, you gotta be twice as kind" and you can start by kicking out that lunatic president of yours, he is hurting you in ways you don't even see, and will probably never even know! When I was to Egypt this summer I was standing right next to a few Americans buying post cards. They didn't buy stamps though, because they brought some from home. At times like that I don't know, I just don't know...
[/font]
Doug Pinnick (King's X)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The world loves and hates us. Thats the problem with being the gratest country in the world and the worse country also. We are the big bullys and the protectors of this world, and we are just as corrupt. It all comes with the program.[/font]

Ginger (The Wildhearts)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America has always equalled their dodgy World politics with great bands/artists/art. Now they have entered a new age of World politics, wanting to Police certain parts of the Middle East etc, but aren't backing it up with positive entertainment policies. America leads the world of entertainment, and I hope they remember this very soon.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gus G. (Dream Evil - Firewind) [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have nothing against the American people, as I have a lot of American friends. The whole Anti-American feeling has been created because their goverment thinks they rule the world and always fight wars that are not "their" wars. I also believe that their current President is the biggest terrorist and Antichrist of our times. Their wars have only brought more terrorism and fear to the world.

[/font][/font]Joey Vera (Fates Warning / Armored Saint / Anthrax)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]George Bush is an Asshole!!!!!![/font]

Mike Patton (Fantomas - Tomahawk - Mr. Bungle - Faith No More)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Probably because our president is a war loving idiot.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Neil Turbin (ex-Anthrax - Kuni) [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]War is a terrible and unfortunate thing, but committing heinous terrorist acts and destroying innocent lives is far worse. We're going to defend and protect our lives and our country! We didn't start it, but we will finish it! You can't please all of the people all of the time. This is about survival.
[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:lol:[/font]

Tommy Shaw (Styx)

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are the last remaining superpower willing to come to the aid of other countries. We are also the country where people from oppressed societies still want to defect to, so go figure. But we have been guilty of overreacting and being unilateralists. It's hard to say what our allies, say France for instance, would have done had the 911 pilots flown planes into Chateau Versailles, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc d'Triumphe that day. Chances are they would have overreacted too, but perhaps not by invading Iraq. I guess we'll never know...
[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interesting...[/font]

Billy Sheehan (Steve Vai - ex-Mr.Big - Talas - Niacin)

I think its unnecessary. I'm an American and I want peace & freedom for all my fellow mankind on Earth. Every American I know is concerned for the well being, safety, and freedom of all other countries. We gave Japan and Germany their countries back, and helped them rebuild, in spite of what they did to the world. People have a short memory.

Interesting...

Tchort (Green Carnation - Blood Red Throne - ex-Emperor)

Norway where I live, is a pro-America country so we dont get to see much of the hate that other people express towards America. In regards of Iraq, I feel convinced that the Iraqi people will be better off without Saddam in the long run, regardless of what reason(s) the Americans had to remove him.

He makes a good point also...

Zakk: Motherfuckin shit, those fuckin fucks shouldnt talk motherfuckin shit about our fucking country!

Jon: I was homeless when I was 16! I worked hard, to live the American dream! *Plays a triplet* Ive always been a patriot, and I support the US! Wanna buy some toy soldiers?

Ted: Yeehaw, I just killed me a skunk! Only in the goddamn US am I free to do this!

spawn said:
Zakk: Motherfuckin shit, those fuckin fucks shouldnt talk motherfuckin shit about our fucking country!

Jon: I was homeless when I was 16! I worked hard, to live the American dream! *Plays a triplet* Ive always been a patriot, and I support the US! Wanna buy some toy soldiers?

Ted: Yeehaw, I just killed me a skunk! Only in the goddamn US am I free to do this!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually read the full interview with Gildenlow. It is not as if he was only answering that 1 question. The flow of the conversation makes sense for him to answer that way. It just looks weird up there with everyone elses short and sharp responses