Antithesis of Opeth in your collection

Uh...well, a lot, actually. Because I have so much stuff. You want really different? Kenny Rogers. Kill me, I like "The Gambler".:Smug:

That's pretty atypical, though. Most consistent thing I listen to that is un-Opethian: Ben Folds.

God, I feel like I'm baring my soul, here. Perhaps unwise on this forum....:err:

soundave said:
Uh...well, a lot, actually. Because I have so much stuff. You want really different? Kenny Rogers. Kill me, I like "The Gambler".:Smug:

That's pretty atypical, though. Most consistent thing I listen to that is un-Opethian: Ben Folds.

God, I feel like I'm baring my soul, here. Perhaps unwise on this forum....:err:
good stuff. really.

To be honest, everything I have in my CD rack is metal/rock except for a couple:

The Golden Palominos
Tori Amos
Loreena McKennitt

come on, some guy named "Led Zeppelin" they are the opeth of the seventies ;p, nah, but in no way an anti-thesis though.

I have a lot of non-metal albums, but I think they venture closer to Opeth than some of my metalstuff.

L0bster said:
come on, some guy named "Led Zeppelin" they are the opeth of the seventies ;p, nah, but in no way an anti-thesis though.

I agree completely. I think they are VERY similar!

Dreadful said:
camel, king crimson, katatonia, porcupine tree, pink floyd, morbid angel

How can porcupine tree possibly be the antithesis if SW was basically part of Opeth for 3 records? Camel and Morbid Angel? Mikael has admitted to basically ripping them off. I think these bands are more like Opeth than not. But that's cool. Still good music.:headbang:

hahaha, yeah: camel + morbid angel = Opeth pretty much. Well, both have been heavily name dropped by Opeth over the years!

antithesis...
hmmm, in a lot of ways that actually would rule out classical and jazz for me, so i would say perhaps the ramones. really short, simplistic, repetative songs.
not like opeth at all in that way.

Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger, Superunknown
Nirvana: Bleach
Stone Sour: s/t
err.gif