Antithesis of Opeth in your collection

I'm gonna be called soooooooooo lame for some of these, bu they are records i own which i think bear absolutely no relation to Opeth (opeth are my favourites, btw).

1) Fiona Apple.
2) Bloc Party
3) Bright Eyes
4) Busta Rhymes
5) Death Cab For Cutie.
6) Doves
7) Flaming Lips
8) Gemma Hayes
9) Garbage
10) Goldfrapp
11) Christina Aguilera (yes, it's true...)
12) Gomez
13) Ivor Cutler
14) Low
15) Mariza
16) Editors
17) Mary J. Blige
18) Missy Elliott
19) My Vitriol
20) Nas
21) Nikka Costa
22) Pixies
23) Richard Cheese
24) Prodigy
25) The Libertines
26) tori Amos (my other favourite)

Metal is my favourite genre. However, I like ALL genres. :Spin:

Mahalia Jackson 'Spirituals, Gospel:saint: & Hymns'.:headbang::headbang: :headbang: She had beautiful voice. I like gospel music, though I'm not very religious:devil: (or maybe even less :devil::Shedevil: :Smokedev: ). I like great voices.

Jimmies Chicken Shack
Fiona Apple
Damn Yankees
Everclear
Jewel
Madonna
No Doubt
Joan Osborne

Can't believe I actually listened to alot of that stuff at one time

Hmm, probably all that Japanese pop (J-Pop) music I listen to and I'm sure there's some other stuff.

Ayumi Hamasaki
BoA
Utada Hikaru
Yaoda Hitomi
Aikawa Nanase
Konayagi Yuki
Morning Masumune
Shiori Takei
Shizukusa Yumiko
Suitei Shojo
Shimantani Hitomi
Kokia

Seeing as how Opeth inclues a bit of jazz/blues/rock influence from various bands I can't really think of anything else that I would consider a complete antithesis of Opeth's music.

great idea for a thread!

Bob Marley
The Cooper Temple Clause
Sting
Jewel
Smashing Pumpkins
Madonna
Gorillaz
System of a down
Couple of folk bands like Warsaw Village band and Hedningarna
No Doubt
Prodigy
Cranberries
Radiohead
Foo Fighters

i actually still listen to most of this... :oops: Not embarrassed about beatles, pink floyd and the zep though!
Dido
U2
Green Day
Faithless
Prodigy
Feeder
Audioslave
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
David Gray
Kosheen
Metallica
etc

Theyve gotta be polar opposites right?

stu84p said:
Faithless
Prodigy

I enjoy both of these in small doses, plus Vangelis, Jean Michel Jarre and Brian Eno. Also Lazyboy. Everyone I know likes this now, even though they make this face :ill: all the way through the first time, they come around by the second listen.

Procella said:
Mahalia Jackson 'Spirituals, Gospel:saint: & Hymns'.:headbang::headbang: :headbang: She had beautiful voice. I like gospel music, though I'm not very religious:devil: (or maybe even less :devil::Shedevil: :Smokedev: ). I like great voices.

I have a thing for beautiful voices as well. Do you like Sade? She, in my oppinion, has the loveliest voice in the world.

neuroticandroid said:
pink floyd, no. zeppelin, no. but metallica? depends on which era, if it's past '90 metallica, it doesn't deserve mentioned in the same breath as opeth.

Yeah, I was thinking of 80's Metallica. This probably has been discussed before, but it has surprisingly lot in common with Opeth.