Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira Tribute

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
This thread is my tribute to my favorite MMA fighter ever. "Big Nog" as he's called (he has a smaller brother, also a pro MMA fighter conveniently nicked "Lil Nog") is a legend in the sport and the best heavyweight Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practioner in MMA ever. He's got a fight coming up the 27th of this month, defending his UFC Interim Heavyweight title against Frank Mir, another excellent jiu-jitsu player with a shitty attitude and stupid hair (no offense Macharius, I only say it because he's a dick haha).

Big Nog is a testament to the human spirit. He's got a heart of gold and endless respect and compassion for others, he's a physical warrior that only uses his abilities for the right reasons, and he shares his wealth of knowledge with anyone willing to listen. He's one of the baddest men on earth, but he's also one of the best. Not to mention, he's gone one of the greatest smiles ever.

In his entire career, Nog has lost only 4 fights. He's won 31, 19 by submission. Of the 4 fights he's lost, ALL were decisions. Big Nog has NEVER been finished in his career. He's taken serious beatings and he comes back and finishes the fight every time. He figures out ways to defend himself and goes back on the attack when any other fighter, much less any other man in the world, would have given up and quit, embracing the fact that he's been beaten. Big Nog will not give up.

The video below is what inspired me to make this thread and officially turned me gay for the fight coming up. I was already excited for it, but after seeing this video I literally can't wait any longer.

Pay attention to his back in the video, at certain points you'll see a big huge scar on the right side. He was run over by a truck when he was 9 years old and spent 25 days in a coma after losing a rib and part of his liver. Eleven months later, they let him out. If that doesn't finish him.. how could one man inside a cage do it?

This video is 9 minutes long. If you only watch part of it, start at around 5:30 and watch it to the end. This is where you'll see his heart in action.

Good luck Mir. I hope you can go 5 rounds. Nog knows he can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brock Lesnar 4 LIFE!!! Yea, i'm joking. He should have stayed on the Vikings. I look foreward to this fight, boxing is non-existent now and i have turned to MMA and i love it.

That dude just opened up a MMA training facility in Dallas. Just sayin.
Yep, I think he has another one in Florida, too. He and Anderson Silva (UFC MW champ) go on seminar tours every couple years also. The drummer in my old band attended one and said it was amazing. Since he's a bigger guy, Nog chose him to demonstrate all his techniques on, and apparently Silva was a comedian the entire time as well. If they ever come back I'm not missing it :D