Nevermore converts

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
Right, so I'm listening to Sleep's cover of "Snowblind" and feeling like I should doom or be doomed. I actually get a day off tomorrow after working ten in a row.

Anyhow, to the point. Made a friend of mine a CD with various Nevermore songs from all their albums. He's taken to listening to it in his car and when he's working on websites. He's hooked. He definitely wants to go to the next show, buy a t-shirt, and severely bang his head during Next In Line. He's got DHIADW and Politics on order from Amazon.

My work here is done.

Nevermore - 03- In Memory

GOTHIC POWER..METAL FROM SEATTLE...VIA TEXAS SUN..

CHEERS!

Everyone I try to convert calls Nevermore worthless trash. One liked Carcass/Arch Enemy very much, though.

I'm selfishly satisfied with myself loving them, knowing that they are one hella great band, what's the point in convincing somebody about that?! those who have brains, understand it by themselves.

True, but without being exposed to it, there is no chance for them to make that determination. In this person's case, he liked older metal, but his only assocations with recent stuff were slipknot and godsmack. So, I intoduced him and he is now a believer. Fact is, I've never given two tugs of a dead dog's cock whether or not people like the music I do. In the grand scheme it works out to such: person discovers band playing music he appreciates, and Nevermore make a few more bucks off concert tickets and a t-shirt so maybe having to work day jobs and suck shit from a record company which has gone incredibly downhill in the last five years won't be quite as necessary

famousamsowillkillyou... she's my nevermore conversion. I don't exactly convert friends to complete Neverheadz, I'll just put a Nevermore cd in my stereo and play it when they're over. They'll say "Oh, what's that? I like it." But that's about it. I did try to convert my Smashing Pumpkin-head friend, but she says that WD's voice is too weird(that coming from a fan of Billy Corgan, too), that all the songs sound the same, etc.

I am a misanthrope. Not only do I distrust humankind, I have a tendency to be VERY insulted when someone attacks my music.

However... my sister likes Primal Fear apparently, I played a CD of theirs and she said, "Hey, this isn't so bad. Who is it?" And this child likes punk. Bleh.

Another I got to like Arch Enemy sort of, but he backslid not only into CoF, but Murderdolls. Ass.

I will name my daughter Miss Anthropy, I've decided. That would be if I had kids, which I won't, because pople suck and I will not add to their numbers.

When someone tells me Warrel Dane's vocals are too high, I ask them to name me a good vocalist. Then I proceed to tear every opinion and judgement they make to shreds, usually leaving them a crying mass of humanity. The plebians just dessert. Try to tell me Corey Taylor is mister big-shot singer. When you're range is whiny and shitty Glenn Benton wannabe death metal vox, you don't get to qualify as a real singer.

End of rant.

I'm pressured into making kids, but I won't. I SHOULD create little Norse Atheist Metalheads, but I'm greedy, meaning I don't want to spend money on them, and my parenting skills would be horrible.

Not to mention they can suck. You'd be trying to ply with them with quality music, and then next thing you know the ingrate bastards are listening to Nelly and Linkin Park. Now no one really wants to have to kill their own children, so it's probably safer to just not have them.

Yes, I would have to honestly kill my kin if they listened to anything else, or became religious... or hated the Viking culture.

I also take ppl's attacks on my music very personally. The music I listen to is something that I love and am serious about. I guess that because I'm as into music as most ppl around me are into their various sports (field hockey, basketball, etc.), I'm a freak of sorts. The only reason those who insult me think my love of music (specifically metal) is weird is becuase the shit they listen to (rap and psuedo-rock, what else?) isn't quality anything.
If later in my life I decided to procreate, I'd have a child with the sole intention of NOT involving religion in their life the way it was in mine. I'd have a daughter who I name Tallica Dane Araya ______*insert last name here*(just because that'd be a cool name to give a child) and whenever they see my parents, I'd tell her "Now, don't believe anything grandma or grandpa tell you.":lol:

haha...
"And whats your name?"
"HARVESTER OF SORROW BOZARTH!"
"what?"
"I SAID HARVESTER OF SORROW!!!"
"And who is this?"
"ITS MY SISTER!"
"Whats her name?"
"POISON GODMACHINE BOZARTH!"
"erm..."