any bands you like more than COB

See, this is a very hard fucking decision. I think I would have to say that CoB and Dream Theater are dead even in my book. Although, I have only been listening to CoB for about three years to where I have been listening to DT for about 11 (right when Images and Words came out). I was I think 9 when I first discovered DT and since I started playing guitar a year prior to finding out about DT, Petrucci became a major inspiration if not an idol/mentor to me. If it came down to it, I'd have to choose DT. Sorry Janne, Henkka, Alexi, Ale and Jaska.

NP: Rhapsody - Steelgods of the Last Apocalypse

There are so many better bands than CoB! Bands with true lyrics, that arent just about partying and drinking and hate and stuff... few of the bands I love more than CoB are: The Old Dead Tree, Opeth, Anathema, Cathedral, Type O Negative (eh, that lyrics thing doesnt count for this one) Katatonia, My Dying Bride... and so on...

Well i have to say that Cob's ranked pretty high in my fav band list
but i really had to give some names of other bands, i'd say Old Man's Child and Satyricon

Hmm... lots of... mainly about lyrics, Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, Siouxsie and the Banshees (as everybody knows, my favorite bands). Now, better than CoB, not onlt about lyrics... too many... Darkthrone is better, Brujeria, Trail of Tears, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Theatre of Tragedy, a new one I discovered named L'Ame Immortelle... too many