Are their any other bands like COB?

zycon

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2006
i have searched and searched and could only find kalmah and skyfire that matched their sound, solo quality, and style without sounding like a mess of guitar and drums, do you guys know of any other bands like these and cob? please make a list, i love this genre...whatever they are and want to more bands in it. Arsis is another band i like but i dont suppose they are in the same genre, well anyway make a list of bands you think can match cob or any that i listed

There are loads.....just look at bands that are under the "melodic death/black metal" category.

i suggest Illnath. they're melodic black metal and their music is very guitar-heavy. if you like bodom's music, you should like Illnath's music.

I don't think there's any band that sound like Bodom. There's loads of melo-death bands and whatnot and bands from Finland that kinda sound like them, Imperanon for example but they all suck compared to da mighty Bodom tbh.

yeah and norther sounds like them because they try so hard. but you can tell they don't even come close. so yeah, there truly is no other band like bodom.

I quite like Imperanon too, and Norther has some good songs. Those two are the closest I´ve heard to CoB when it comes to sound. I prefer bands who don´t copy another band´s sound completely though. Eternal Tears of Sorrow is a good band.:)

I quite like Imperanon too, and Norther has some good songs. Those two are the closest I´ve heard to CoB when it comes to sound. I prefer bands who don´t copy another band´s sound completely though. Eternal Tears of Sorrow is a good band.:)

EToS is very good :headbang:

yeah and norther sounds like them because they try so hard. but you can tell they don't even come close. so yeah, there truly is no other band like bodom.

Sorry but thats bullshit. Norther are better than CoB IMO...

Norther sound nothing like bodom, don't know why people even compare them.

Imperanon's first album does sound a lot more like CoB though... not their new demos.

Wintersun > all, though.

Norther are better than CoB IMO...
I think the opposite... I like Norther a lot but I think they lack of that "special" knack into writing songs, that characterized them with an amazing beauty, that instead I think CoB have. :)

Norther sound nothing like bodom, don't know why people even compare them.
This time I totally agree. :)

Well, to be honest, I think that Norther could sound a bit more similar to CoB in the past, expecially with their first album.... but now not anymore, in my opinion.

Yeah - i laugh at people who call them a 'bodom clone'

It's not like i'm slagging off Bodom, but i just prefer Norther's style more.

See i think the opposite... i like Petri's vocals a lot and prefer them over Alexi's tbh. Neither come close to Jari Maenpaa.

Yeah I agree with Jari > Petri, especially in Ensiferum, Petri still does a good job, but nothing he does will come close to how good Jari was.

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Kalmah
Norther
Wintersun (Shying away from the actual topic here..)
Ensiferum (If you find you like Wintersun)