COB-like bands

Hellena from...

just looking for a sign
Jul 28, 2004
pretty weird world...
I don’t know if here already exists the same thread …anyway, I couldn’t find it...
Well, you probably agree COB’s music have a lot of followers among musicians in Finland and all over the world. The most famous of them are such as Norther, Kalmah, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow (R.I.P.?) and other, not so popular (of course, I don’t know them all)…
So what do you think about this trend – is it good to have so many COB-like music or not? Is it actually possible to be better then COB in this style?

There's another Band called "Imperanon" which are probably CoB-like, but in my opinion they are pretty good, the also have clean Voices in some songs, so it's a little bit different to CoB ;) Not as good as CoB, but I love them too...

Well,think of it as COB being the pioneers of a new type of Metal, like Sabbath was in the 70s, and like Venom was in the 80s. Groups like Kalmah are taking that formula and adding their own thing to it, making them sound fuckin awesome as hell, and the same thing with Norther. But of course no one will ever beat the original!