Bands like (late) CoB?

vikerneso

New Metal Member
Sep 25, 2008
I'm looking for bands that sound like late CoB - post HCD. I know there are thousands of power metal/melodic death bands around, but late cob is more thrash/metal core oriented and I can't find a single band (aside cob) with that sound.

Some of my favorite cob songs are: Are you dead yet, Hate Crew Deathroll, In your face, Angels don't kill,... So that's pretty much the sound I'm looking for.
Maybe late Kalmah sounds a little like that, but I've listened through that entire album already.

Can someone help me out?

Have you ever listened to nother?

To example lots of people think that Cob have made the cover "the trooper" of the iron maiden...when insted the norther have made it

I was so sure :worship:
Many people think that Bodom have made the The Final Countdown cover, which was made by Norther. :) Norther is a pretty good choice I'd say.

And to Corny, Imperanon made only one full-length CD which was called Stained. After that they recorded another single or something but then they broke up. The full-length debut is very melodic though and doesn't really sound like late Bodom imo. Probably more like Follow the Reaper.

Many people think that Bodom have made the The Final Countdown cover, which was made by Norther. :) Norther is a pretty good choice I'd say.

And to Corny, Imperanon made only one full-length CD which was called Stained. After that they recorded another single or something but then they broke up. The full-length debut is very melodic though and doesn't really sound like late Bodom imo. Probably more like Follow the Reaper.

Yes I know that about the first CD, it's awesome (really cloned though). But I didn't know that they didn't make an album out of the free downloads before they split up. BUT these free downloads tend a lot more in the direction of new Bodom then the first album, if my memory doesn't fool me.

Like others have said... try Norther.

Later Norther is similar to later bodom. Both bands have similar progressions as in Early Norther is more similar to Early Bodom.. etc.

Also Mors Principium Est is more thrashy while still having that MDM flavor. Unborn is just excelent if you can find it.

Yes I know that about the first CD, it's awesome (really cloned though). But I didn't know that they didn't make an album out of the free downloads before they split up. BUT these free downloads tend a lot more in the direction of new Bodom then the first album, if my memory doesn't fool me.
Yea you're right, it really has a more darker sound if I can say it that way. I also believe that they tuned down to D standard for that while Stained was just in E.

Well, that was their first video clip. They don't have that much money because they're still studying but they do their best. Their albums are mastered by Mika Jussila from the Finnvox by the way. Here is their new video clip. The song is called Dystopia and it's the 3rd song of the album Blind Oppression.

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=hpe6H-sn6-E[/ame]