Are their any other bands like COB?

Sorry but thats bullshit. Norther are better than CoB IMO...

Norther sound nothing like bodom, don't know why people even compare them.

Imperanon's first album does sound a lot more like CoB though... not their new demos.

Wintersun > all, though.

Actually if Norther would've continued in the direction they took on their debut album, they would be really close in sounding like COB. The same goes with Imperanon. Their debut album sounds very much like COB, but the new 2006 demos showcase that they have taken a different direction too.

I honestly don't think Wintersun is that special. A lot of their riffs could very well be from Ensiferum. Same kind of epic viking metal stuff, Wintersun only has longer (more progressive) songs.

See i think the opposite... i like Petri's vocals a lot and prefer them over Alexi's tbh. Neither come close to Jari Maenpaa.

I prefer low growls (Opeth). Jari was way better than Petri in Ensiferum. I don't really like Petri's screaming/crying, but it works in Norther, though. Alexi uses pretty much same style as Petri, but I like Alexi's voice more, especially in the earlier COB albums.

I tried very different melo-death bands to achieved something like CoB, But really they sound is unique! Thet catch a trademark on their sound! effect-less guitar tone and keyboard solos make thet something unique!

no band sounds like CoB, even tho their musi has the same stuff, they sound diferent, thats why i call bodom's sound "Bodom Metal", cuz their sound is different from anything out there.

^With Dream Theater, Finntroll and Fantômas they sugested me Ensiferum :lol:

It suggests about 10 bands always, and you can click "I like it", "I don't like it" or "I don't know it". So that way the system learns every day. It suggested Ensiferum, because you had Finntroll there.

For example if other users had Finntroll there too, and Ensiferum was suggested to them, most of them probably clicked "I like it". Remember that it doesn't suggest only 1 band.

for bodom they gave me (excluding the bands i already know)...
dragonlord, cryptic wintermoon, delain, cryptic garden, kampfar, draconia, hepcat, agalloch.
never heard of any of them before the search. i can't even find music and/or sites for some of them.

I feel that Bodom doesn't sound like any other band. A few solos here and there by fellow guitarists sound mlidly like Alexi... but they give out their own sound that no band could ever measure up to them.

I feel that Bodom doesn't sound like any other band. A few solos here and there by fellow guitarists sound mlidly like Alexi... but they give out their own sound that no band could ever measure up to them.

It doesn't have to sound exactly like CoB, just kinda

I listened to Skyfire today. They have some good songs, lots of keyboards and melodies. Thyrane´s latest album is good melodic death/black too.