Are their any other bands like COB?

Isn´t Wintersun releasing a new album this spring? If so, has anyone hearddddddddddddd anythign from it yet?

yes, they are releasing a new album in the spring. but i doubt anything has leaked off of it yet. but anyways, wintersun is one band that sounds like children of bodom that everybody should check out. hell, i will get slaughtered for this, but wintersun is a step up from COB. i mean, hatebreeder is one of my favorite albums of all time, but wintersun's self titled is just incredible.

for bodom they gave me (excluding the bands i already know)...
dragonlord, cryptic wintermoon, delain, cryptic garden, kampfar, draconia, hepcat, agalloch.
never heard of any of them before the search. i can't even find music and/or sites for some of them.

Well of course there are always bands that you don't know. Use www.metal-archives.com to find info on bands you don't know. And also, you didn't say what other 2 favorite bands you typed to the "search".

yes, they are releasing a new album in the spring. but i doubt anything has leaked off of it yet. but anyways, wintersun is one band that sounds like children of bodom that everybody should check out. hell, i will get slaughtered for this, but wintersun is a step up from COB. i mean, hatebreeder is one of my favorite albums of all time, but wintersun's self titled is just incredible.

I don't really see how Wintersun sounds like COB. COB is not progressive and epic metal. Wintersun is more of a step up from Ensiferum, just listen to the song Winter Madness and you'll know what I mean.

I dont think WIntersun sound anything like bodom at all. You can work that out simply by listening to them. Wintersun are pretty damn unique imo.

i haven't read all the comment's so i don't know if anyone said them
but "norther" is alomost the same band..

for bodom they gave me (excluding the bands i already know)...
dragonlord, cryptic wintermoon, delain, cryptic garden, kampfar, draconia, hepcat, agalloch.
never heard of any of them before the search. i can't even find music and/or sites for some of them.

cryptic wintermoon and kampfar are "real" (not "true") Black Metal. I don't know hepcat, but the rest of the bands don't sound like Bodom at all.

Check out Mutiny,

myspace.com/mutinynj

They are very close to Bodom, very heavy and technical, solos everywhere ripping guitars bass and drums, simply sick. They have lots of live videos there to back it all up. If anyone checks them out, let me know what you think.