I fear for COB

Ghaunadaur

Child of the Night
Jul 13, 2006
@home
Hi!
When I look around in this world and especially my surroundings I begin to fear for COB.

When I bought Something Wild back in 1998 COB was something new. Extraordinary. A kind of Metal nobody had ever heard of. A style which I started to call Bodom-Metal.
Only a few people listened to them and appreciated them.

But now. Big tours. Big DVDs. The 13-year-old boy from across the street wears a Bodom-Shirt.
If you ask them, kids can tell you how many Tattoos Alexi has and where they have been made.
But who cares about the older stuff? Nobody, just those who were with the Hatecrew from the beginning. Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?", but children (and I have to use the word children in this case, since most of them are more than 10 years younger than me) don´t even know "Hatebreeder" or "Follow the Reaper". (yea, right, I don´t like the abbreviations of the album´s names)

And here comes my concern:
there is another Metal-Band ot therem which started like that.
In the 1980´s nobody knew Metallica. Just a few people bought their music. "Master of Puppets" and "Kill ´em all" were masterpieces.
Then came the (in)famous Black Album and even worse: "Load" an "Re-Load". Metallica became famous all over the world. And nowadays? Movies, Festivals and the "new" Album "St.Anger" sounds like shit!

I really fear COB could end up the same way!
I hope they do not make the same mistakes like Hetfield and Co.
I fear one of the next albums could be COB´s "Black Album".
I fear for the real Hatecrew!

God forbid they expand their fanbase.:eek:

Music is a business.

Musicians write the music they want to write.

Metallica was HUGE in the 80s.

...and...

There are FAR more appropriate things to be "fearing" than whether your favorite band may be selling out, whatever that means anyway.

Reactions: COBHC Webmaster
There are FAR more appropriate things to be "fearing" than whether your favorite band may be selling out

Hm, I see you are from the USA, so you know fear, since you and your fellows were taught fear some years ago. And with 21 puberty is not that far away, is it?

But why is it impossible to start a thread in an Online-Forum without being attacked by people like you?

Because is has already been said a million times before, and no one cares anymore, except the people that just joined the forum and think they noticed something new. Live with it.

i say anyone who can't play the kissing the shadows solo is a poser!

seriously now... why people think they are better when they know a band before they are famous? when i started listening to children of bodom you could find only iron maiden covers and a few songs in the internet, but i don't think i'm better beacuse of that. i didn't do anything but to reconize a good band.

that is what happen to bands that play well, they become famous(no shit). it is not like they are compeeting with T-shits spaces with britney spears, they are now just heavy metal mainstream

That 13 year old from across the street could well be my son...and boy what a proud moment it is for a parent when their offspring can tell you all about Alexi's tattoos!!!
Im glad my children like Children of Bodom amongst others and I dont feel superior to them just because I liked them first and I have no fear that CoB will end uplike Metallica. Theyre a great band just enjoy it while it lasts!!

Neither of these 2 is REAL:

* Making the kind of music the fans want
* Making the kind of music that makes money

Let them be theirselves, if you don't like them anymore then that's it.

COB should just get rid of those CHORUSES WITHOUT MUSIC. Aka Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet?, Punch Me I Bleed, Needled 24/7, T,L&S...

COB New Album 2007 Fall - Facts:

* Guitars will sound louder/better
* It will include a cool movie-sample

That already satisfies me.

(Louder keyboards would be cool, too. AYDY is just too drum-based..)

Hm, I see you are from the USA, so you know fear, since you and your fellows were taught fear some years ago. And with 21 puberty is not that far away, is it?

But why is it impossible to start a thread in an Online-Forum without being attacked by people like you?

He stated the truth idiot, he was in no way "attacking you". Alexi has changed the way he writes music, we can't help that. You need to learn to accept change.

Neither of these 2 is REAL:

* Making the kind of music the fans want
* Making the kind of music that makes money

Let them be theirselves, if you don't like them anymore then that's it.

COB should just get rid of those CHORUSES WITHOUT MUSIC. Aka Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet?, Punch Me I Bleed, Needled 24/7, T,L&S...

COB New Album 2007 Fall - Facts:

* Guitars will sound louder/better
* It will include a cool movie-sample

That already satisfies me.

(Louder keyboards would be cool, too. AYDY is just too drum-based..)

wow, truth be told by joonas:erk:

Hi!
When I look around in this world and especially my surroundings I begin to fear for COB.

When I bought Something Wild back in 1998 COB was something new. Extraordinary. A kind of Metal nobody had ever heard of. A style which I started to call Bodom-Metal.
Only a few people listened to them and appreciated them.

But now. Big tours. Big DVDs. The 13-year-old boy from across the street wears a Bodom-Shirt.
If you ask them, kids can tell you how many Tattoos Alexi has and where they have been made.
But who cares about the older stuff? Nobody, just those who were with the Hatecrew from the beginning. Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?", but children (and I have to use the word children in this case, since most of them are more than 10 years younger than me) don´t even know "Hatebreeder" or "Follow the Reaper". (yea, right, I don´t like the abbreviations of the album´s names)

And here comes my concern:
there is another Metal-Band ot therem which started like that.
In the 1980´s nobody knew Metallica. Just a few people bought their music. "Master of Puppets" and "Kill ´em all" were masterpieces.
Then came the (in)famous Black Album and even worse: "Load" an "Re-Load". Metallica became famous all over the world. And nowadays? Movies, Festivals and the "new" Album "St.Anger" sounds like shit!

I really fear COB could end up the same way!
I hope they do not make the same mistakes like Hetfield and Co.
I fear one of the next albums could be COB´s "Black Album".
I fear for the real Hatecrew!

I agree, everyone nowadays only comes from the Hatecrew era. And all the shirts i ever see are "are you dead yet?" etc. But i, am only 13, but i have every single album+the Trashed Lost and Strungout EP. IDK many bands have their downfall (no pun intended), but i just don't know when CoB will have that time. Even when they do, us few dedicated fans can appreciate Something Wild etc. I get the Metallica bit to, they used to be my fav. band, their still pretty high up there, i was obsessed with them for a long time. I don't want another Black Album fiasco as well. Shit...what if we had a CoB album that was just slow shit like Load, Reload? God help us...

Also...i know back in 1998 Bodom was new, and exciting...but that can't always stay that way, other muscians will hear them, then they'll adapt into that style as well, there's never just gonna be one band that has one genre to themselves, even if their the kings of it.

:lol: have you ever been here? that has to be some of the dumbest shit about america i've ever seen.

....When I look around in this world and especially my surroundings I begin to fear for COB...

I can understand you... Children of Bodom has changed a lot: there's who appreciates it, there's who doesn't care at all about that, and then there's who is sorry and doesn't like anymore.

But Children of Bodom is a band, a band which is made of human beings: 5 guys that do what they want... we can love them and their music or hate their whole thing, but the only persons that have to be worried about them and their future... it's just them.

So don't be afraid of nothing, just listen their songs that you like more...
And as my myth, Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits), said in one his song.... <<..why worry?...>>...
I think that we can only like or not to like Children of Bodom... nothing else. Bye... :)

I agree, everyone nowadays only comes from the Hatecrew era. And all the shirts i ever see are "are you dead yet?" etc. But i, am only 13, but i have every single album+the Trashed Lost and Strungout EP. IDK many bands have their downfall (no pun intended), but i just don't know when CoB will have that time. Even when they do, us few dedicated fans can appreciate Something Wild etc. I get the Metallica bit to, they used to be my fav. band, their still pretty high up there, i was obsessed with them for a long time. I don't want another Black Album fiasco as well. Shit...what if we had a CoB album that was just slow shit like Load, Reload? God help us...

Also...i know back in 1998 Bodom was new, and exciting...but that can't always stay that way, other muscians will hear them, then they'll adapt into that style as well, there's never just gonna be one band that has one genre to themselves, even if their the kings of it.

same age here :p. anyways, can't anyone just appreciate bodom's popularity and success now?

Sorry guys, but you have to take it the way it goes!
I don't really know how to explain it (because I can understand you all).
It's just the way it goes. A band always thinks that the "last" album is the best one. But everybody "grows".
Yes, I'm a girl, but I listen to metal since '86. I'm definitely a headbanger!!
I know Metallica and Slayer from the beginning and sometimes it still makes me think about and wonder about the bands I loved and what "happened" to them!
But think about: Everybody get's older, everybody makes his experiences! Every musician makes the music that feels right for him at "this" certain moment. If we like it, then it fine and definetely (for the money) good for him. If we don't like it, then he doesn't care about it (because he made a lot of money already) or it is the end of his career!
So don't blame COB for what they do. I'm pretty sure they do what they feel it's right to do right now!
If they "f***" up really big, then I'm really sure that the fans will definetely let them know anyways.

Wtf are you talking about? "choruses without music" ? No music in a song = total silence. If you are talking about choruses without melody, then why is living dead beat in your list?

why the fuck can't a 13 year old listen to metal?

I agree. If he wants to listen to it and dress like a fag, who the fuck cares :p

Perception of other fans should not be why you listen/don't listen to a band.