I fear for COB

┼Victim of the Night┼;5580483 said:
Not to provocate a hard, sad or cruel argument...
Not to be always repeating the same story, but... for me Hatebreeder is such a masterpiece that still there isn't a day that I don't listen to it.
I'm still wondering to myself how Children of Bodom (and particularly Alexi, cause he wrote the music) have been able to create such a great album.... cause I really can't find other words to define it.
It's a stunning album... forever in my fav metal album of all times.

It is one of the best metal albums of all time, no doubt, listen to how clean and original it is. There isn't a single dull track, and the fact that Bodom released the live album after only 2 albums shows how in the groove they were. I love that Alexi still has them play songs off the album (Downfall, Silent Night), but wouldn't it be hot if they played Hatebreeder, Bed of Razors, Wrath Within, or Black Widow at random shows instead, just to keep it fresh. Lets not forget Warheart or Children of Bodom (I think that's all of them). They can probably play Downfall blindfolded, with one arm, drunk.

Hm, I see you are from the USA, so you know fear, since you and your fellows were taught fear some years ago. And with 21 puberty is not that far away, is it?

But why is it impossible to start a thread in an Online-Forum without being attacked by people like you?

he's not attacking. he's disagreeing and his logic seems more sensible, IMO

reality check : AYDY is COB's black album. It's their fifth album, and the black album was metallica's fifth album. Both albums depart from original and earlier works for a more 'mainstream' approach to their genre. Bodom will never become as big as Metallica becuase Death Metal will never (well maybe but highly doubtful) become a trend in America.

reality check : AYDY is COB's black album. It's their fifth album, and the black album was metallica's fifth album. Both albums depart from original and earlier works for a more 'mainstream' approach to their genre. Bodom will never become as big as Metallica becuase Death Metal will never (well maybe but highly doubtful) become a trend in America.
hm....the Black album from metallica souds great.... :loco:

Reactions: COBHC Webmaster
It is one of the best metal albums of all time, no doubt, listen to how clean and original it is. There isn't a single dull track, and the fact that Bodom released the live album after only 2 albums shows how in the groove they were. I love that Alexi still has them play songs off the album (Downfall, Silent Night), but wouldn't it be hot if they played Hatebreeder, Bed of Razors, Wrath Within, or Black Widow at random shows instead, just to keep it fresh. Lets not forget Warheart or Children of Bodom (I think that's all of them). They can probably play Downfall blindfolded, with one arm, drunk.

Yeah, I'd love to hear "Hatebreeder" played live again, but the only time I heard it (I mean in Tokyo Warheart) I found it sounded strange...
Don't ask me why cause I really couldn't explain... but the whole song was... well, I don't find right words...
But I'd really love to hear that song (along with other songs too, as "Mask of Sanity" or other from Something Wild album, for example)... expecially cause that is my CoB fav song too! :p

Hi!
When I look around in this world and especially my surroundings I begin to fear for COB.

When I bought Something Wild back in 1998 COB was something new. Extraordinary. A kind of Metal nobody had ever heard of. A style which I started to call Bodom-Metal.
Only a few people listened to them and appreciated them.

But now. Big tours. Big DVDs. The 13-year-old boy from across the street wears a Bodom-Shirt.
If you ask them, kids can tell you how many Tattoos Alexi has and where they have been made.
But who cares about the older stuff? Nobody, just those who were with the Hatecrew from the beginning. Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?", but children (and I have to use the word children in this case, since most of them are more than 10 years younger than me) don´t even know "Hatebreeder" or "Follow the Reaper". (yea, right, I don´t like the abbreviations of the album´s names)

And here comes my concern:
there is another Metal-Band ot therem which started like that.
In the 1980´s nobody knew Metallica. Just a few people bought their music. "Master of Puppets" and "Kill ´em all" were masterpieces.
Then came the (in)famous Black Album and even worse: "Load" an "Re-Load". Metallica became famous all over the world. And nowadays? Movies, Festivals and the "new" Album "St.Anger" sounds like shit!

I really fear COB could end up the same way!
I hope they do not make the same mistakes like Hetfield and Co.
I fear one of the next albums could be COB´s "Black Album".
I fear for the real Hatecrew!

That's what you're concerned about? That's not really anthing to worry about. What you should be worrying about is if the next album will be good enough or not and if they are still going to have those amazing riffs and solos. I think the next album is going to be kickass. It's going to be a progression from AYDY. AYDY was pretty good. I liked it very much and it had strong choruses.

All that stuff you're worried about is nothing. THey are just getting much more popular and mainstream. During SW and HB, no one even heard of them. During FTR, lots more people heard about them and that's when they got popular. With HCDR, the whole world has heard about them and now they'll just keep getting even more and more fans. I'm pretty sure if those HCDR fans love that album, they'll buy the older albums too. ANd those crazy fans are just big fanatics and probably Alexi fan-boys.

...But now. Big tours. Big DVDs. The 13-year-old boy from across the street wears a Bodom-Shirt.
If you ask them, kids can tell you how many Tattoos Alexi has and where they have been made.
But who cares about the older stuff? Nobody, just those who were with the Hatecrew from the beginning. Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?", but children (and I have to use the word children in this case, since most of them are more than 10 years younger than me) don´t even know "Hatebreeder" or "Follow the Reaper". (yea, right, I don´t like the abbreviations of the album´s names)

And here comes my concern:
there is another Metal-Band ot therem which started like that.
In the 1980´s nobody knew Metallica. Just a few people bought their music. "Master of Puppets" and "Kill ´em all" were masterpieces.
Then came the (in)famous Black Album and even worse: "Load" an "Re-Load". Metallica became famous all over the world. And nowadays? Movies, Festivals and the "new" Album "St.Anger" sounds like shit!

I really fear COB could end up the same way!
I hope they do not make the same mistakes like Hetfield and Co.
I fear one of the next albums could be COB´s "Black Album".
I fear for the real Hatecrew!

Welp, I am a relativly new fan [first heard Bodom about a year ago] but I started listening to Follow the Reaper and then Hate Crew Deathroll, and just got Are You Dead Yet? a few weeks ago... so.
And yeah, I really, really hope that COB don't totally sell out, though they are getting pretty popular. But I don't really think you have anything to worry about. A lot of younger kids are just getting into better music at an earlier age, which is good. And those kids that obsess over Alexi just have issues; not all young fans are like that.

Fetzer: Yeah, i'm really, really calm right now so i'm not in my usual ALexi-excited mode. ALexi's making me more depressed than happy these days.

As for the Metallica thing, i think St. Anger is good but it compares nothing to Master of Puppets and the Metallica album. Even though the older albums were much better, they are stilll pretty good these days. SOme bands change and change is a good thing. I think some bands change due to the time. If they still sounded the same from back then, maybe there wouldn't be anything new in the next albums they make and it would sound all the same. Or maybe they ran out of ideas and needed something completely fresh. If Bodom become like Metallica, i wouldn't be that surprised. THey would just be a phenomenon.

Well it's got a decent sound, and songs like Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters.. it can't be a SHIT album..

Load and Reload are good albums. It's stupid to compare them with the first 4 because it's completely different music. People should look at them as 2 albums of music and judge them based on whether they like the fucking songs or not. Not whether they're better than Mop or not.

I don't know if all the Metallica albums are good or not cuz i don't have all of them. But from the albums i'v heard and liked (Metallica, Master of Puppets, Kill Em All, Load, and St. Anger) , the others should be good.

"Enter Sandman" is a must, for me... and also "Nothing else matters" for me is a very important song... it's calm but when I'm listening to it I feel as if something was stirring in me up...

(awww... many mistakes!!)

I'v heard tons of songs from them other than from those albums. A lot of their songs are really slow so i don't listen to them much. They kind of bore me. But i really like "Sad, but True", "St. Anger", and "Enter Sandman" very much. Out of all of them, "Fuel For Hatred" is the best.