I fear for COB

Wtf are you talking about? "choruses without music" ? No music in a song = total silence. If you are talking about choruses without melody, then why is living dead beat in your list?

You know what I mean. I was thinking whether to put Living Dead Beat into that category. But hey really there's not much music into it. Just these low guitar riffs, keyboard background which you can't hear properly... I tell you, it's the concentration on the mindless screaming that makes some Bodom songs boring.

Why don't you guys stop cursing about each other?
Does it help anyone???
The band still makes the music!
If we like it or not!!
Te record-company tells them what they have to do and how they have to promote it!
If we like the music, it's good for them (and even better for the record-company). If we don't like like it... , they will find out sooner or later!
It doesn't help any fangirls, -boys or anybody else to discuss about what happened in a few weeks from now.
In my view: We are all human beings and we do what we want to and what we are able to! If anybody else doesn't like it: I don't care!!!
I kinda have this problem every day at work. So I can't understand why a few people do have a problem with this.
Everybody get's older, which appears to: You get older, your life changes!
Some people are like: Yes, I get older and my life changes but my band have to be the same!
I don't get that! Aren't the people in this band are human beings too? Don't they have any reasons to change too?
Everybody gets older and makes a lot of experiences!
Like I said before: Take it or leave it! Like it or don't like it! But don't blame anyone who likes the "new" COB or who knows them "before" and likes the "new and old" COB.

Hi!
When I look around in this world and especially my surroundings I begin to fear for COB.

When I bought Something Wild back in 1998 COB was something new. Extraordinary. A kind of Metal nobody had ever heard of. A style which I started to call Bodom-Metal.
Only a few people listened to them and appreciated them.

But now. Big tours. Big DVDs. The 13-year-old boy from across the street wears a Bodom-Shirt.
If you ask them, kids can tell you how many Tattoos Alexi has and where they have been made.
But who cares about the older stuff? Nobody, just those who were with the Hatecrew from the beginning. Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?", but children (and I have to use the word children in this case, since most of them are more than 10 years younger than me) don´t even know "Hatebreeder" or "Follow the Reaper". (yea, right, I don´t like the abbreviations of the album´s names)

And here comes my concern:
there is another Metal-Band ot therem which started like that.
In the 1980´s nobody knew Metallica. Just a few people bought their music. "Master of Puppets" and "Kill ´em all" were masterpieces.
Then came the (in)famous Black Album and even worse: "Load" an "Re-Load". Metallica became famous all over the world. And nowadays? Movies, Festivals and the "new" Album "St.Anger" sounds like shit!

I really fear COB could end up the same way!
I hope they do not make the same mistakes like Hetfield and Co.
I fear one of the next albums could be COB´s "Black Album".
I fear for the real Hatecrew!

You don't have to be so tragic... Maybe the 14yr old boy that wears the bodom t-shirt will be curious about the albums that cob did before aydy and he'll go listening to them... If he will, I'm sure he will probably like them... Is not a bad thing if the world loves cob, they're great and everybody deserves to know them...

I'm with Victim Of The Night.

I'm not into the new sound much either. My favourite album is Something Wild, I do agree and have said many times that there was something to that album that was just different. I really am into the sound they had back then. I feel the new sound is attracting children on the brink of puberty who are teeny boppers and listen to Korn on the side. And I really don't care if I'm offending at the moment, it's not my style to, but it's just how I feel.

But what can we do? Tell them to stop what they're doing now and change? There's only one way of doing that, and that's by stopping from buying their albums. But then the Nu-Metal fans will keep getting into it, so they'll still keep selling. It's really up to COB.

it's just a phase/fad some kids go through....right now, the "in scene" for most teens is hardcore, emo, metal, and some punk (and of course rap and hip hop, but let's just keep this rock-based). so yeah, i see kids wearing all the new COB shit too, and yeah it kinda pisses me off to know that there are posers out there who listen to music for the fashion of it.

but now, looking at things from BODOM'S VIEW: i would do exactly what Alexi and Co. are doing. from alexi's perspective: too fuckin bad you don't like the music i'm writing, I write music for MYSELF, whatever sounds good to my ears. and hey, if it gets me money while i'm doing it, good for me. i know i have some little fashion-kid fans out there, but i couldn't give 2 shits about them (them = a fan base = sold out shows = money for me). i'm living life the way i like. so fuck you all and either listen to my music cuz you like it or cuz you think it's cool, or just don't. and stop yer bitchin cuz i write what i want.

I really doubt that they would ever make a "black album" that Metallica made. To me, if you already have a successive foruma then why change it? The only thing that really can change at this rate is the vocalist.

At this point, I am happy enough going to see them play (Philly and NYC coming up!!), and I will await their next album with a lot of anticipation.

I DO hope that they take a nice long break after the new year before Alexi starts the new album. They obviously need a break after all this time on the road, and if the new album is a rush job, the fans will totally smell it. So for now, let's enjoy what we have.

That is, why I wrote this sentence:
Do not missunderstand me. I like "Are You Dead Yet?"

But you can not tell me, that Metallica liked the shit they wrote. I´ve seen them live many times and they never played something from those "MTV-Viva-Number-One-Selling-Albums-Shit".

And I agree:
everybody should listen to the Music COB makes, because it´s great! But I hate people who listen to music because it is "cool"! And that´s not just about metal!

And one thing about fear:
there are many things to fear out there, but I am concerned about the future of my favourite band. If you like it better, I will rephrase the sentence to: "I am concerned."

Still, if Bodom's next album would be Something Wild II, Hatebreeder II or Follow the Reaper II... could you imagine? It would not work. People would think it's shit. At least I would. They just need to evolve, but keep the style..

Still, if Bodom's next album would be Something Wild II, Hatebreeder II or Follow the Reaper II... could you imagine? It would not work. People would think it's shit. At least I would. They just need to evolve, but keep the style..

Do you sai that to me because I said "Something Wild" ?

I said Something wild because the dude said that Metallica don't play the "MTV-Shity" album because they were forced to do it.

Something Wild, Alexi doesn't like it anymore and doesn't play it anymore but he wasn't forced to make it...

I'd be happy with a Hatebreeder 2.

Hatebreeder 2 would be cool, but I wonder if Alexi still knows how to merge the newer and older styles. Neoclassical meets Sixpounder, you know? The funny thing is that the song Hatebreeder is one of the most brutal, aggressive songs that he ever wrote. The verses are break-neck and then the chorus mellows out (and the whole end of the song from the Blink 182 part on, is simply the best Bodom writing\playing ever). So it is possible to write brutal, aggressive neoclassical music...but Alexi has got to want to go back to that formula.

Not to provocate a hard, sad or cruel argument...
Not to be always repeating the same story, but... for me Hatebreeder is such a masterpiece that still there isn't a day that I don't listen to it.
I'm still wondering to myself how Children of Bodom (and particularly Alexi, cause he wrote the music) have been able to create such a great album.... cause I really can't find other words to define it.
It's a stunning album... forever in my fav metal album of all times.