Any chance for Tad Morose to get back to using keyboards and....

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
... applying a more prog-rooted vibe to their music from now on? Or is it, since the release of Undead, always going to be a more straightforward heavy/power metal oriented direction? I was listening to A Mended Rhyme yesterday and thought it was possibly my favourite Breed-era Morose disc. The keys definitely added a lot to the overall feel of the music, though the production wasn't as clear as Undead and MOTD. Still, I love AMR.

Right now I'm listening to Sender of Thoughts, which is possibly the best Tad Morose album in my opinion. I love this album to death. One of the best dark prog albums released.

It would be amazing if the band got back to being proggy a bit, and drop the relatively simple songwriting. I know that way their popularity would drop as well, but, I feel the Andren-era albums are timeless. I could listen to them three years ago and I still love them the same way, if not more. Don't get me wrong, Undead was amazing. It breathed new life into the band. But after hearing for a few months, I kind of grew away from it, starting to look forward to MOTD, which, unfortunately sounded very similar to Undead. There was nothing new on it. Considering that Tad Morose were always a prog band trying to bring something new to the table, I have to admit it somewhat disappointed me. I would have loved it if I'd never heard Undead, but when you pick up Undead the day it comes out and wear it out cause it's really different and fresh compared to their back catalog, it is hard for you to enjoy MOTD as much.

Yes? Any comments? :)

You make some good points. I'm not a huge keys fan, though, unless used to subtly ehance other instrumental arrangements. I honestly think the biggest crime to music was when cheesy synthizers became a craze in, what, the early 80's?

Anyway, the earlier albums just don't do it for me, I don't know why.
Undead is just one of those albums I can't explain though. I shouldn't like it as much as I do, but there's just ... something; maybe subliminal messages, I don't know.

I definitely agree about the last one, though, just too straight forward, although good production and well played.. just a bit too mechanical to enjoy for very long.

Hope the new one throws us some curve balls, mix things up a bit, but still retain the production value of the last two.

JM2CW

I love the shiny trousers, the shiny silver trousers, I love them

yeah, maybe it would better with keys

i love also the earlier albums with keys, but in this time the 'new' tad morose is also very good, but maybe tad morose could play there 'new' sound but with keyboards

that would be veryyy goodd

greetings from a fan of the older and new material

As much as I enjoy the keyboards on killer songs like "Angles Shine" or "The Dragon Tide", I don't think they need to go backwards when one sees how great the new formula is.