Any chance of Bloodbath songs on the upcoming tour with Opeth?

You have Jonas, Anders, Mikael, Axe, and I'm sure Fredrik could play as well. :)

And Sodomizer couldn't??
Either way, I don't think you should get your hopes too high. As far as I remember, they play Bloodbath songs at Bloodbath shows only. On the other hand, you never know... good luck ;)

Whilst it was nice to see Bloodbath at Bloodstock, Mikael just simply cannot do harsh vocals anymore.

IMO its time for him to step down and for the guys to get Peter Tägtgren back, he was absolutely epic on NMF.

He blamed the bad growls on his new in ear monitors that he has been using the last year or so.
Im sceptical, but it does make some sense, sure hope its true.

I doubt they will do any BB-songs. They would have to bring the hm2-gear with them.

He blamed the bad growls on his new in ear monitors that he has been using the last year or so.
Im sceptical, but it does make some sense, sure hope its true.

How exactly does that make sense? Just curious. It seems like horse shite to me, but maybe I am not aware of the possible significance.

And Sodomizer couldn't??
Either way, I don't think you should get your hopes too high. As far as I remember, they play Bloodbath songs at Bloodbath shows only. On the other hand, you never know... good luck ;)

Oops I completely forgot that he is in katatonia now. sorry!

I'm just glad its two bands. No silly openers, no proggressive wannabes, no super melodic nice metal bands, and no fairytale doomesque female fronted disney flick.

Now let's get krvnk and mess up all the nice hair of the neopeth fans.

How exactly does that make sense? Just curious. It seems like horse shite to me, but maybe I am not aware of the possible significance.

He said he use in ear monitors now to hear the vocals better, because this helps him improve the clean vocals live. Apparantly this had a bad effect on the growl since he unintentionally lowered the force when growling. He was unaware of it until he saw some videos.

He also think this caused him to change the technique unintentinally and might be the cause of his throat beeing sore the last tours etc.
He talks a little bit about this in the latest faceculture interview.

(But why would he use these in ear monitors when growling for bloodbath? That doesnt really make any sense.)

I jus thope its true so he can get back on track for bloodbath and hopefully other screaming projects.
Time will tell.

I'm just glad its two bands. No silly openers, no proggressive wannabes, no super melodic nice metal bands, and no fairytale doomesque female fronted disney flick.

Now let's get krvnk and mess up all the nice hair of the neopeth fans.

Yeah. Now you get the brand new fairytale on crack and weed band Lowpeth instead. AWESOME

Whilst it was nice to see Bloodbath at Bloodstock, Mikael just simply cannot do harsh vocals anymore.

IMO its time for him to step down and for the guys to get Peter Tägtgren back, he was absolutely epic on NMF.

Kind of a dream for me :) For me Peter was the best singer of Bloodbath !

He said he use in ear monitors now to hear the vocals better, because this helps him improve the clean vocals live. Apparantly this had a bad effect on the growl since he unintentionally lowered the force when growling. He was unaware of it until he saw some videos.

He also think this caused him to change the technique unintentinally and might be the cause of his throat beeing sore the last tours etc.
He talks a little bit about this in the latest faceculture interview.

(But why would he use these in ear monitors when growling for bloodbath? That doesnt really make any sense.)

I jus thope its true so he can get back on track for bloodbath and hopefully other screaming projects.
Time will tell.

I really doubt its true, i saw the same interview on faceculture. I've been saying his vocals were getting worse for some time, Fathomless Mastery has a noticeable difference in his vocals compared to earlier releases, that or they did some different production on his vox on that album.

Yes his growl has changed, but on The Fathomless Mastery he specificly changed technique to imitate David Vincents growl, he stated that in the studioreports. So that sound has nothing to do with him losing his growl.

But the change in technique there can very well be the beginning of his sore throat.