When will Katatonia tour the United States?!?!

Of course I would like nothing more than for Katatonia to do a North American tour, but when it all boils down, it's all business, Katatonia don't really have an "official" label here in North America to finance and bring them over. I mean it may sound easy for a band like Opeth (who tour North America quite often because they have a label here in North America, Koch, who put so much behind them and make them do these tours) to bring over Katatonia, and I'm sure a band like Opeth would in a second like to bring Katatonia over with them, but again, it's a harsh business that makes such tours like this hard, when you look at the harsh realities behind all the politics... and the business side...

I must see Katatonia!!!!!
If they came with My Dying Bride I would shit myself!!

I yelled Katatonia at Opeth last time they were here and they stopped everything and talked about how the want to get Katatonia over here and how its just not happening. Mikael said he tells Jonas everywhere they go people ask about Katatonia. Mikael said he will keep trying to get them on a US tour with Opeth.

Once they get an official label over here in North America to license them, then it will be much easier to get them over... but when that happens... we'll see (actually when Last Fair Deal Gone Down came out, Relapse was very close in signing Katatonia for North America...)

It would be AMAZING for KATATONIA, Opeth, and EDGE of SANITY to come to the US and play here, add My Dying Bride and that makes the tour of the fucking DECADE for the US!

The only thing us "Americans" can look forward to if KATATONIA doesn't come over here soon is the professionally shot KATATONIA DVD in Krakow Poland. It's also suppossed to have video tracks and interviews amongst other things. I'm sure you all have seen the My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Behemoth, Vader, Hypocrisy, etc. and you know how good all those are. Let's hope that the KATATONIA and SEPTIC FLESH DVDs that are coming out from there are even better than the aformentioned ones!

If KATATONIA come to the US they definitely have to come to New York, New York amongst other cities. I hope I will see all my fellow forum brothers there, but how will we know eachother?

I'm pretty sure that if KATATONIA and Opeth (and maybe EDGE of SANITY) come to the US for shows they will do some OLD KATATONIA songs and MAYBE even BLOODBATH and Octobet Tide songs. Although songs from the last two aformentioned bands are HIGHLY unlikely, but who knows? The best way for this to happen is if all three of those bands are headlining and they have My Dying Bride, Daylight Dies, or Morgion for support/opening acts. This means that KATATONIA, Opeth, and EOS have a lot of performing time in which they can collaberate, if they wish, to play older stuff.

This is all hopefull dreaming on our part buy let's hope that something happens. Then there is the issue of what labl would best suite KATATONIA for a US license. Who do you guys think? Relapse? They have Rapture and some other "DOOMY" bands. Dark Symphonies? They are a small label but they have Morgion now and a lot of other DOOM and Gothic bands. Century Media? They have DOOM bands and they also advertise their bands well. Although my only problem with this is that Century Media might get them to the mainstream and the LAST thing I want is fucking poseurs and nu-metal faggots talking about MY, er... OUR band! RoadRunner? HA! That was a funny one! LOL! Earache? Hmmmm, maybe not. Koch? Um...Opeth. Let me know what you guys think.

it's all down to business between the heads at the labels. we've been offered US license deals already by those labels mentioned, but peaceville hasn't been able to come to an agreement. it's a truly terrible katatonia doesnt have a label in the US and not even proper distrobution, cuz that would have enabled to us to tour over there. we've been dying to tour over there for years. it's not about our wish, it's 100% about business, on top of our heads. None are are more discouraged than we about this. It's things like this that can break a band apart, but let's keep some faith and see what happens.

Reactions: ucsbdude
It's unfortunate that it all boils down to mere business, especially one that is as shady as the music biz in the metal scene...

Blakkheim said:
it's all down to business between the heads at the labels. we've been offered US license deals already by those labels mentioned, but peaceville hasn't been able to come to an agreement. it's a truly terrible katatonia doesnt have a label in the US and not even proper distrobution, cuz that would have enabled to us to tour over there. we've been dying to tour over there for years. it's not about our wish, it's 100% about business, on top of our heads. None are are more discouraged than we about this. It's things like this that can break a band apart, but let's keep some faith and see what happens.

We sympathize :erk: Hopefully something will get done soon. So you guys can come! :)

I'm sure every major metal label in North America would kill to have Katatonia on its roster, or to license them, but in the end, it's Peaceville that get the final say... so to speak...