WILL KATATONIA, TOUR THE U.S.A. EVER?

I just want to hear one old song on tour: MURDER. Some years ago on the Opeth/November tour they did 2 gigs in Holland and just on our date they didn't play that song. Mike was even there! All my yelling for noting ;)

So this time... Fuck, I'll do the screams if Jonas doesn't want to!

Well, I guess I've got the lowest chances to see Katatonia without travelling :cry:

The only Show (I heard about) in Austria was played in such a tiny house, that the people didnt have any space in the house :tickled:

Ah well, chances are equal zero, I guess. Gotta go to Germany to see Katatonia, hm... Well, better than not seeing Katatonia at all :D

Drivort said:
Ah well, chances are equal zero, I guess. Gotta go to Germany to see Katatonia, hm... Well, better than not seeing Katatonia at all :D

you can also come to some other neighbouring state... :D

I personally would love to see Katatonia tour the USA.

I honestly don't get to see this kind of music much in the states and well, it would kick alot of ass to see a band like Katatonia come through.

I've always been a fan of the older material but recently I've fallen in love with Viva Emptiness for some reason (especially the track Will I Arrive, I just love the way the song flows.)

I think it'd be cool to see a tour with a band like Opeth, as they definitely share a bit of darker/melancholy aspect to the music. Generally speaking I don't think Opeth have toured with many bands that are actually like them, mostly because its pretty hard to be Opeth I'd say. I love Opeth an I love Katatonia (I didn't even know Mikael was a part of Brave Murder Day! That was a suprising thing to hear when I put in the cd for the first time)

It'd be cool to see the guys come through. You don't have much of a fanbase but if you came through with a bigger act I'd say you would definitely earn a few new fans and a reason to come BACK throught he US. Every friend of mine I've showed the newer albums to has basically said "How the hell do you find this stuff??!"

I suppose with responses like that it'd be fair to say that you could pull in a few new guys with your stuff, just make sure to sell your damn albums at the booth!

Hope to see you guys sometime soon, if not maybe I'll catch you on a trip to europe if I ever make it over there.

No, really...They need to come to South Africa. Metallica are coming here in March. Metalheads are going berzerk about it, they've been waiting for this day for years.

m0rtis said:
I don't think you should make em remember that audience... Some idiots were shouting "MARDUK , MARDUK" at Katatonia because the Marduk performance was cancelled and Katatonia got on the stage.. So Jonas came up and said "We are Katatonia from Sweden".. That was so embarrasing for us :cry:
It was 2 years ago but I really want to apologize for that =)

I like Marduk but since I am a great fan of Katatonia, I went to Marduk concert this year and shouted "KATATONIA, KATATONIA" with my pals.. it was a little childish but we took our revenge! haha! :headbang:
*turkish*
Cok iyi hatırlıyorum abi zaten ben unutmak istedigim icin deyinmedim duruma bi de sen hatırlatmıssın :)
evet o gerizekalılar benim de sinirimi bozmustu bi de pogo yapmaya calısanlar..
ama yine de cok saglam bi seyirci vardı bence.bakalım gelsinler de nası gelirse gelsinler :)
*turkish*

VampiricYouth said:
No, really...They need to come to South Africa. Metallica are coming here in March. Metalheads are going berzerk about it, they've been waiting for this day for years.

Metallica? Since when were they metal AND ungay?

Liquid Diamonds said:
:lol:

Hey, but seriously, please play a headline show in Glasgow, Scotland if you guys can... I'd give my right arm to see you guys live, but if it's not in Glasgow (or Edinburgh after September), I can't go :cry:

I know it isn't up to the band, but it would be awesome to see you guys :)

Either way, when you DO tour, I hope it's as awesome experience for you guys as it will be for those watching.

I caught Katatonia touring Viva Emptiness in Glasgow in May 2003. Remains one of the best gigs I've ever been to, it was at the Cathouse and I was right up at the front.

You guys have to play there again when you tour The Great Cold Distance!

Does anybody remember what happened for the 2 shows that katatonia played in the us. They wrote about metalfest as being their least favorite show ever, I was not at it so I don't know, and then when they played in cleveland like a year or 2 ago there was noooooobody there. the place was packed when we showed up but when they went on, being the last band, everyone left except about 100 people. I was extremely dissapointed that it had to be so bad for them. I remember meeting people afterwards and asking where they were from and there was acouple people that came the whole way from mexico, 3 day bus ride, just to see them. Myself and my friend where the only 2 from my city (Pittsburgh), acouple people from New York, some from New Hampshire or Connecticuit but basically about 50 die hard fans infront of the stage. The band did not look to thrilled to travel all that way for their only show here and have no one show up. It was an extremely wonderful show for myself though. I'll never forget it.

MrMcSick said:
Does anybody remember what happened for the 2 shows that katatonia played in the us. They wrote about metalfest as being their least favorite show ever, I was not at it so I don't know, and then when they played in cleveland like a year or 2 ago there was noooooobody there. the place was packed when we showed up but when they went on, being the last band, everyone left except about 100 people. I was extremely dissapointed that it had to be so bad for them. I remember meeting people afterwards and asking where they were from and there was acouple people that came the whole way from mexico, 3 day bus ride, just to see them. Myself and my friend where the only 2 from my city (Pittsburgh), acouple people from New York, some from New Hampshire or Connecticuit but basically about 50 die hard fans infront of the stage. The band did not look to thrilled to travel all that way for their only show here and have no one show up. It was an extremely wonderful show for myself though. I'll never forget it.

I was front row.....at the end of Katatonia there were maybe 50 people in the crowd.....which sucked for them....but it seemed like they were playing for us couple diehards there......intimate setting.....they were paired up with a bunch of 80's shit bands.....so I expected it to be that way.....it was a great show though......fucking great in my opinion.....

Is there any link for katatonia's tour dates? i searched but couldnt find any..can you please help me? it is said here that katatonia will be in Turkey İzmir on March in a clubs website but i want to check it from katatonia's tour date list..thanks.

FUCK YEAH!!! IM FORM MEXICO TOO, BUT I THINK SEE KATATONIA HERE ITS JUST A DREAM...BUT I WOULD TRAVEL TO THE U.S. JUST TO SEE THEM HELL YEAH, JUST LIKE I DID TO GO TO OZZFEST, AND TO SEE SOILWORK.

d0grent said:
Tour with opeth ^_^

Don't say "Huge musical difference" because it really isn't.

They are in the same genre after all

I don't want to see Katatonia play under Opeth's shadow.

If they hit the US, they should come with Porcupine Tree. Since Opeth and DT are together and In Flames is on their way... Porcupine Tree would probably be the best choice.