Any country music fans?

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
Just curious. I'm getting married in May and it seems like most of the slow dance songs my fiance and I've been picking out for the DJ to play are, yep...you guessed it...country music. I remember sitting in the car with my dad when I was a little kid and he always had country western on the radio...KSAN was his station...not even sure if that station still exists in the Bay Area anymore. I didn't like it then but I can tolerate some of it now.

Steiner said:
Just curious. I'm getting married in May and it seems like most of the slow dance songs my fiance and I've been picking out for the DJ to play are, yep...you guessed it...country music. I remember sitting in the car with my dad when I was a little kid and he always had country western on the radio...KSAN was his station...not even sure if that station still exists in the Bay Area anymore. I didn't like it then but I can tolerate some of it now.

I'm a big country music fan. Old country, new country. I love it all.

I am big on Folk/country Jazz and thats how I got into country. I'm not a huge country fan, although I don't have any issues in spite of it. There are some badass pickers though like Johnny Hiland. Now, that boy can play.

Johnny Cash ofcourse is one of my fave artist. Ring of fire was my fave song when I was a kid.

Infact I think now a days finally country music is taking a good turn.
You now have less singers like Shania Twain(she is so not country) dominating the airways. It is becoming much more artistic IMO. And, you have a greater number of ARTISTS that are writing their own music which makes a difference IMO. Songs like "Playboys of the Southwestern World" by Blake Shelton are now becoming popular in the mainstream. Thank goodness this kind of stuff is now more accesible than before. There's a list of songs that've caught my eye floating around in my head here but I can't get them all organized in my mind. I think if you keep your eyes and ears open you will always find some good artists out there!

For all you people who do and dont like country music try listening to Albert Lee. He is a Telecaster virtuoso! Thats how I got into country.

On other hand when I listen to country songs like "she thinks my tractor is sexy" it kinda turns me off. I would just stop listening to country for few months..hehe.

Steiner said:
Just curious. I'm getting married in May.

Congratulations!!!! :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

i dont know much about country music,
but sometimes i will put the country channel on my XM radio and i have to say.... enjoy it big time
(not all the songs... but some)

i grew up on Johnny Cash (my mom is a big fan)

anyone care to recomand me some cool artists i should check out?

Dead_Lioness said:
Congratulations!!!! :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

i dont know much about country music,
but sometimes i will put the country channel on my XM radio and i have to say.... enjoy it big time
(not all the songs... but some)

i grew up on Johnny Cash (my mom is a big fan)

anyone care to recomand me some cool artists i should check out?
Thanks for the congrats. There are a couple songs that I like by a guy named Josh Turner...I think Josh is his first name. He has a really deep voice. Other than that I don't know any names.

Steiner said:
There are a couple songs that I like by a guy named Josh Turner...I think Josh is his first name. He has a really deep voice. Other than that I don't know any names.

That's it. Josh Turner. He's new. Album is "Long Black Train"....deep voice.

Heathen said:
On other hand when I listen to country songs like "she thinks my tractor is sexy" it kinda turns me off. I would just stop listening to country for few months..hehe.

Hey Now! Dont be goin and hatin on Kenny Chesney.

"She thinks my tractor is sexy" is the jam. \m/

Steiner said:
Congrats, you!

Steiner said:

What have you and your fiance picked out for the DJ that's country music?
I'm curious.

I know thats a good song, but as soon as I hear the lyrics "pick-up truck" I change the station.
"She thinks my tractor's seexxxyy! Oh, it really turns her on! She's always starin' aaaaat meee... When I'm chuggin' along!"

hehe like what next!!?!

"And when I saw her undies
I knew it'd change my luck,
For her to see me living
In my Daddy's pick-up truck!

You could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill,
and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe de Ville.
I've got an 8 foot bed that never has to be made,
you know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tail gates.
I met all my wives in traffic jams there's just somethin
women like about a pick-up man!"

lol kidding!! dumb lyrics I came up with. :loco:
I like that song but sometimes the lyrics turn me off. I hear there was a country song dedicated to cherry coke. :p

and Congratulations to you Steiner. :)

Heathen said:
hehe like what next!!?!

You could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill,
and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe de Ville.
I've got an 8 foot bed that never has to be made,
you know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tail gates.
I met all my wives in traffic jams there's just somethin
women like about a pick-up man!"

lol kidding!! dumb lyrics I came up with. :loco:
:)

What do you mean lyrics you came up with????

Um, that verse you didnt come up with. That's "Pick Up Man" by Joe Diffie.
Everybody knows that!

Officer Friendly said:
What do you mean lyrics you came up with????

Um, that verse you didnt come up with. That's "Pick Up Man" by Joe Diffie.
Everybody knows that!

lol no I meant the second para and it really was dumb. Either way pick up thing really sets me off.

Heathen said:
lol no I meant the second para and it really was dumb. Either way pick up thing really sets me off.

Apparently you were in love with a guy who drove a pick up truck and he
broke your heart.