Any Crimson Glory requests?

Met-Al

Oct 12, 2004
I'm sure a great deal of us are seeing Crimson Glory for the first time at this year's ProgPower. That said, what would you want to hear the legendary band play? I have quite a few requests, and I'd be ecstatic just to hear half of them. Here goes:

From "Crimson Glory":
Valhalla
Heart Of Steel
Mayday
Angels Of War

From "Transcendence":
Lady Of Winter
Red Sharks
Masque Of The Red Death
Lonely
Burning Bridges

From "Strange And Beautiful":
Strange And Beautiful
In the Mood
Starchamber

From "Astronomica"
War Of The Worlds
Astronomica
Edge Of Forever
Touch The Sun
Cyber-Christ

Yes, I'm requesting three songs from "Strange And Beautiful." I know it's the least favorite album amongst the fans, but I enjoy it. I'll admit that the very good majority of the songs sound like a complete 180 from the rest of the band's output, but I will forever argue that "Starchamber" deserves to be considered a classic Crimson Glory song. What say the rest of you folks?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I'm sure a great deal of us are seeing Crimson Glory for the first time at this year's ProgPower. That said, what would you want to hear the legendary band play? I have quite a few requests, and I'd be ecstatic just to hear half of them. Here goes:

From "Crimson Glory":
Valhalla
Heart Of Steel
Mayday
Angels Of War

From "Transcendence":
Lady Of Winter
Red Sharks
Masque Of The Red Death
Lonely
Burning Bridges

From "Strange And Beautiful":
Strange And Beautiful
In the Mood
Starchamber

From "Astronomica"
War Of The Worlds
Astronomica
Edge Of Forever
Touch The Sun
Cyber-Christ

Yes, I'm requesting three songs from "Strange And Beautiful." I know it's the least favorite album amongst the fans, but I enjoy it. I'll admit that the very good majority of the songs sound like a complete 180 from the rest of the band's output, but I will forever argue that "Starchamber" deserves to be considered a classic Crimson Glory song. What say the rest of you folks?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hey Albert! I love the Strange And Beautiful release as well. Loved it the day it came out and love it to this day. I hope they play some songs off it.

I too love Strange and Beautiful.
All things considered, it's pretty damn progressive of them. :lol:
This is a cool thread; I'll be watching intently...and giggling maniacally...and tenting my fingers a la Mister Burns...

Lady of Winter
Valhalla
Lost Reflection
Painted Skies
Where Dragons Rule
Starchamber
Cydonia
Touch The Sun
Astronomica
...something off of Sakada as a final goodbye to the man, or even off of Mids first EP. This is going to be awesome! Almost as good as Sieges Even's re-union show as the 1st day headliner for next years ProgPower, right Glenn???

From Crimson Glory:
Azrael (my all-time favorite CG song)
Queen of the Masquerade
Heart of Steel

From Transendence:
Painted Skies
In Dark Places
Transcendence (definitely a fitting tribute)

From Strange and Beautiful:
Strange and Beautiful
The Chant
Promised Land
Love and Dreams

I wasn't a big fan of Astronomica when it came out...maybe it's time to give it another spin.

In Dark Places, its the best CG song ever!!!!They played it at BARfest so I am guessing they will play it at PPUSA too....

Bear

I want a three hour set with everything in it! :) Barring that, all these suggestions look great to me, got to have "Azrael," "Lady Of Winter," "Angels Of War," "Masque Of The Red Death," "Where Dragons Rule," "Eternal World," and, dammit, just play them all!!!

Realizing I'm not in the majority here, but to me about the first half of Strange & Beautiful was great. After that it started sounding like every hair metal band of that period. Probably the label leaning on them for a hit, my guess. Just saying.

It's been a long time since I heard it (only have it on cassette) but you are not alone. I would particularly love to hear the title track.