Any drummers here? PICS of my Sonor kit !

x_OPETH_x

Feb 12, 2003
Boston, MA
www.myspace.com
i cleaned up my room today, and vacuumed up all the little sawdust particles from my drumsticks, and went ahead and polished up my kit and hardware, and decided to snap some pictures once i was done!!

let me know what you think, i've only had the kit about 7 months, but so far i adore it...the finish is flawless, the sound is impeccable, and the hardware is absolutely first-class..

Bass pedal is the Pearl Eliminator belt-drive model,
the hi-hats are 14" New-Beats (used, as are the A-Crash and ride)
Wohan 14"china (got it for 20 bucks, and it sounds like a china, can't complain!)
A-custom 6" Splash
A-series 10" splash

i desperately need more cymbals (another crash and perhaps a fast crash, a larger china for the left side of the kit, and i'd love to have some chimes/zilbells like Gavin Harrison :-D )

and MORE COWBELL

dsc2138ab3.jpg

dsc2139nr8.jpg

dsc2147fq4.jpg

dsc2146ei3.jpg

dsc2144pt6.jpg

dsc2137qt8.jpg

dsc2140am0.jpg

dsc2141fb0.jpg

dsc2142nc2.jpg

dsc2143mp6.jpg

dsc2145oy7.jpg

dsc2148kl2.jpg

almost forgot - shots were taken on a Nikon D50

Lovely looking kit man.. I've got a Roland TD12k electronic kit.. It's all i need, especially seeing as my mum hates the noise i make ahaha.. Blast beats and so on..

that does look beautiful.......and good job on the photography too....hahaha.......PEAC EOUT

Looks wonderful dude, I love Sonor kits. Why the coated tom skins though? You play mainly jazz?

thanks moonlapse,

i play a mix of styles, mostly fusion, latin, rock, and some metal every now and then... the kit had clear Ambassadors on it when it arrived, but they were pretty used, so i opted for the coateds...i think i'll try the Emperors next time, seeing as i've worn these out rather quickly..

gavin harrison is my idol, by the way... :worship:

Ah that's great. I've had some success with clear Pinstripes in the studio lately, so they're worth some consideration too. I think he used some single ply aquarians on the bottom, but overall it was a very punchy, tight tom sound!