Any fans of Diabolical Masquerade?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I just did a review of Death's Design on our site and I'm curious as to whether there are any fans here who'd like to discuss DM? This particular album has so much diversity and I'm curious as to hear your opinions on the other DM albums? I'm constantly trying to track them down, which isn't very easy...

I have every DM CD except The Phantom Lodge. That's quite a hard cookie to get your hands on. I would say that Ravendusk In My Heart & Death's Design are the best. I think the new album will be even better. So Blackheim can you at least give me an update on Diabolical Masquerade?

DM is excellent! I think Nightwork and Death Design are the best. I notice a kind of improvement compared to the previous ones and maybe Death Design is the ultimate masterpiece. ( it's a shame we don't have the lyrics...)
Hope Anders is already working on the new album, I'm looking forward to it!

I'm not sure if anyone had a chance to read my review (just click the Royal Carnage sig below), but I tried to dissect each of the 20 movements, albeit briefly. I also spotted two actual movie soundtrack pieces that Blakkheim used in the 9th and 10th movement.

I'm VERY curious as to whether I might have missed any other movie compostitions that either Blakkheim or Swano may have lifted?

DM has been very secretive with the lyrics for the 2 most recent releases... The only lyrics that has been released from them are those of "The Eerie Obzidian Circuz" off "Nightwork," as far as I know...

Just thought I'd post this here since it's not necessarily that easy to find...

The Eerie Obzidian Circuz
Bloodstained Lips Drawn Back From teeth
To Reveal a Wide Humourless Grin
Lifeless Eyes in a Cold Black Stare
Three Years in The Grave - Undead Presence

Riding the Winds of Harvest
Bloodline of the Sand and Soul
Miracles of the Undeserted
Descending From the Vault Above

When the Cirkuz Comes To Town
Beware of Who's the Clown
Drawn To Jolly Children Laughter

The Devilman is Here in After... Demons Clad In Black
Demons Don't Wear White

Tearing...
Tearing You Apart...
They are Tearing You Apart...

Okay, ...as for Diabolical Masquerade:

I was driving through Norway with a friend and listening to DM inspired us a lot; we tried to find out, what the music wants to tell us; We came to the conclusion, that Blackheim must have felt like Nils Holgerson on a horror trip (fighting with aliens, or against aliens, I don't know, and Nessie, the Loch Ness monster, massacring the poor geese..). Good entertainment. After this, we had the new Finntroll, but I don't want to tell you the story to this music here...

I completed the DM catalog recently. I had to get Ravendusk off of ebay, but it was worth it. I'm anticipating the next one more than anything else at this point.

As for stuff to check out after Death's Design (I'm going in backwards order here), Nightwork is pretty similar, horror-themed and all. It also has the best songtitles ever. The Phantom Lodge doesn't have the horror atmosphere and it's kind of atmospheric and oddly relaxing. Ravendusk is the same way but a little more "metal".

I wish they'd reissue the earlier albums, since it seems like quite a lot of people got Death's Design, but the rest of the stuff can be hard to get, and DM really deserves to be more popular.