Any Fates Warning Concert Reviews?

The setlist was pretty much what I expected.
Only (realistic) complaint was the absence of NO EXIT material.

To add insult to injury, they are selling a NO EXIT shirt on this tour!

FYI - They played a song from No Exit in Reading Pa

Fortunately got a comp ticket to the show tonight in San Antonio. This time I get to see Artizan opening in lieu of Halcyon Way. Fully expect a great show, as it's a homecoming for Alder and Jarzombek (I think).

Well, I missed Artizan last night. Maybe next time. FW was even better in San Antonio compared to the Joliet show. Ray seemed very excited to be performing in front of his home town crowd and was very engaged with the audience. The sound was a bit off right at the beginning of One Thousand Fires, but they fixed it quickly. The musical performances were once again outstanding. Only encore song was Still Remains. The audience was probably fewer than 200, definitely smaller than Mojoes. The venue was probably only 1/3 to 1/2 capacity.

and that Jack Frost guy from Seven Witches was in attendance, too.

LOL - I dont know why but this statement made me almost pee my pants.
I don't know if you were trying to be funny or not, but that was hilarious...

Jack has always been cool to me the few times I met him, but I am not sure if there is a more polarizing band member out there, well, maybe aside from Sean Peck of CAGE.

Last Night's Setlist in Tempe:

One Thousand Fires
Life in Still Water
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part III
Another Perfect Day
One
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part VI
Pieces of Me
I Am
The Eleventh Hour
Point of View
Firefly
Through Different Eyes
The Ivory Gate of Dreams: IV. Quietus
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part XI
Wish
Monument
Encore:
Still Remains

Not much to say...they played tight, and with great energy!

The show in Dallas was great, but very sparsely attended because of the developing ice storm.. 260ish in ticket sales, and maybe 75-100 people actually showed.

Great show, though.. We had to leave partway through FW, though, to try to get home.. Go stuck on the light rail, and didn't make it home til 3:30 am.. *sigh*

Glad they made it to Tempe in time.. Can't have arrived there with more than a few hours to spare..

Glad they made it to Tempe in time.. Can't have arrived there with more than a few hours to spare..

Artizan originally had cancelled because they were stuck in Texas due to the storm. But they actually made it to Tempe a half an hour before they were set to go on. Talk about making it by the skin of your teeth! Great show though by all bands who played. Pretty good attendance too which was nice. I'd say about 300 maybe 400.

L.A. @ Whiskey

Know a lot of ppl say Ray cannot hit the notes he use to, and there is video to back it up, but the man freakin NAILED IT!!!! last night.

I think the band loves the crowd interaction with 11th Hour, and seems to me they have a genuine appreciation of where they are at now in life.

Freakin awesome show by a freakin awesome band!!!!!

They put on a good show last night in San Francisco. I thought Ray's voice was fine. Sure he can't hit the highest notes anymore, but I thought he sounded good. HE often held the mic way away from his mouth and it still came out loud and clear, so his voice is certainly still very strong. I also thought that the touring guitarist did a fine job. I was right in front of him for most of the show and he didn't look uncomfortable. You wouldn't have known he wasn't a regular part of the band. Frank Aresti came out and played on the encore. I do have to say the tone of Frank's guitar is just amazing, and if anything was missing during the set it was probably that standout guitar tone.

Quite honestly, I enjoyed Artizan's set more than I enjoyed Fate Warning's set. They killed it. I was very impressed with them.

And yet I still have no idea who you are. Are you the Asian guy who was high on LSD?

Haha! Um, no. I've run across that guy before, unfortunately. I was wearing a Manowar shirt last night. I tried to send you a PM but it said you don't accept them. I left a message in the 5 new/5 old thread telling you what I'd be wearing. Can't blame me if you didn't have the pleasure of meeting me, but now I have no idea who you are.

oh god. Aaron and I were talking about you. We actually were talking about the Manowar tour and then saw you wearing it and wondered out loud if you were going to pay the 75$ for the tour. lolz.

I was the guy near the bar wearing the leather jacket talking to Aaron and Kevin, with the manliest beard you've ever seen. I also left right after Artizan.

oh god. Aaron and I were talking about you. We actually were talking about the Manowar tour and then saw you wearing it and wondered out loud if you were going to pay the 75$ for the tour. lolz.

I was the guy near the bar wearing the leather jacket talking to Aaron and Kevin, with the manliest beard you've ever seen. I also left right after Artizan.

Still not positive who you are, and I'm not sure who Aaron and Kevin are. And yes, I've already forked out my $75 for my Manowar ticket. Maybe I'll see you there.

Still not positive who you are, and I'm not sure who Aaron and Kevin are. And yes, I've already forked out my $75 for my Manowar ticket. Maybe I'll see you there.

Aaron and Kevin.. Bass and guitar for Seven Kingdoms, touring with Artizan in the same roles.. :)

I hope so, we'll see if it's in the cards. I want to go, but 75$ is a tough one to swallow for me for a band i'm only interested in for the experience.

I'm this guy.

MT9sxHI.jpg

Wow, Nailz.. you look EXACTLY like Aaron Sluss! Who's the guy with the beard and the W.K. twinkle in his eye, though?