Any GN'R fans?

Theres some serious GnR fandom here.

My main thing with Axl is he walked off the stage many times, refusing to play and created riots. Thats as uncool as it gets. The biggest problems with most drug addicts is those that live through it rather than die, then we have years of the enquirer mentality.

they went downhill after AFD? if you look it up 90% of the material on lies and the 2 UYI were written before/during the AFD destruction sessions but left incomplete until more recording sessions in 1988
I don't care to look it up man. Because obviously, I'm the one writing this, it's just my opinion. GnR are not relevant. And 2 words sum it up-horrible band.

Its foolish to say they were not relevent whether you like them or not because they are very relevent, that has nothing to do with opinion.

since this is a GNR thread i'd like to say i always thought tracii guns was a better guitar player than slash and much more diverse

Theres some serious GnR fandom here.

My main thing with Axl is he walked off the stage many times, refusing to play and created riots. Thats as uncool as it gets. The biggest problems with most drug addicts is those that live through it rather than die, then we have years of the enquirer mentality.

Actually Axl was about the only member of the band who wasn't an alcoholic or a drug addict. He's bipolar.

since this is a GNR thread i'd like to say i always thought tracii guns was a better guitar player than slash and much more diverse
I wouldn't go that far. Give us an example clip.

Actually Axl was about the only member of the band who wasn't an alcoholic or a drug addict. He's bipolar.
:lol: i'm glad he got his ass kicked by Tommy Hilfiger in NY about a year ago at a party..

i'll post a few clips of stuff i can find but also tracii plays 90% or more of all the guitar work on the albums. the other guitar players were really used just to tour and barely play on the albums even though they are listed.

yes thats tracii guns sitting there playing. i can tell by the tattoos.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOVNGVWvtJc&feature=related[/ame]

some tunes that are very diverse:

great solo towards the 2:45 mark but it cuts off before its over

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I've never actually listened to Tracii Guns or L.A. Guns for that matter... but regardless Slash is a great player, his style and memorable solos make a unique voice in the hard rock genre. Of course having a great stage presence and persona helps also. :)

You know I've never actually listened to Tracii Guns or L.A. Guns for that matter... but regardless Slash is a great player, his style and memorable solos make a unique voice in the hard rock genre. Of course having a great stage presence and persona helps also. :)

then click on the above links :)

slash is a great player but he always uses the same pentatonic scales in his solo. thats his trademark but still.

btw slash's persona was a lot cooler in the 70's the first time around. i'll let you figure out who he took most of his look/style/stage moves from. same with axl rose but i'll tell you axl took most of his stuff from michael monroe and a bit from richard black. its too bad richards band got signed years after they formed. it made shark island look like they were copying GNR/axl when it was the other way around.

watch the singers stage moves in this video and see if they don't look familiar. especially the last 20 seconds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, is that what his problem was ? Bipolar people are a PITA, have known a few. Still insiting riots is inexcusable.
---------------------

Matt I know nothing about LA Guns, I guess I have heard a few songs, but again I cant get your vids to check them out. Slash did do a few great solos, seems to have good feel so I care little if a player primarily used the pentatonic or blues or major or harmonic minor scale as long as it speaks to me.

+10

Oh, is that what his problem was ? Bipolar people are a PITA, have known a few. Still insiting riots is inexcusable.
Yah. He should of been charged criminally or something if he wasn't.

Matt I know nothing about LA Guns, I guess I have heard a few songs, but again I cant get your vids to check them out. Slash did do a few great solos, seems to have good feel so I care little if a player primarily used the pentatonic or blues or major or harmonic minor scale as long as it speaks to me.
yah. exactly.

its just an opinion. every one has a different opinion. i own every album slash plays a major role on ( AFD, LIES, UYI 1&2, SI, both snakepit releases and both VR releases plus the GNR live album) and his guitar work sounds basically the same on every album. even the songs sound similar after awhile

i own every album tracii guns plays a major role on (l.a. guns, cocked and loaded, hollywood vampires, cuts, vicious circle, american hardcore, wasted, man in the moon, waking the dead, blacklist, hollywood raw, collectors 1, killing machine, both brides of destruction albums, 2 gilby clarke solo albums where he does a lot of guitar work and a jizzy pearl album he does song solos on). i'm missing just 2 releases he plays a major role on but excluding the gilby/pearl and demo albums he plays on tracii has played on 15 releases next to slash's 9 releases and almost every tracii release the songs sound different. i showed examples of some of his stuff but 1 song sounds almost thrash, one song is an acoustic tune with slide guitar work, 1 song has a NWOBHM feel and 1 tune is very modern sounding. i didn't want to post too many examples and fill the page up

you buy alot of CDs Matt. I do agree that Slash's thing seemed narrowly defined. Everyone gets redundant though I guess.

Not that this helps anything but tracii guns tried out for limp bizkit when their guitar player left and was one of the frontrunners for the job. But yeah tracii writes songs based on who he has singing on the album but to me it doesn’t sound like slash writes like that maybe he chooses not to. Slash has a solo album coming out so lets see what that sounds like since every song has a different singer. Really though if you own a snakepit album the songs are pretty close to GNR and I’d say musically a lot of velvet revolver is close to GNR.

I do own a lot of cd’s but first off my parents are divorced and I’ve been getting 6 cd’s a Christmas and 4 cd’s a birthday for over a decade now so that’s over 100 cd’s right there I never bought plus my wife buys me a few for b-day/xmas. Also I use to do a lot of ebay shopping and pick up a lot of cd’s for about $4-$5 including shipping and I buy used a lot. I own over 1200 cd’s but I’m moving soon any now it’s a headache

I've found dusting off my CD and Cassette racks a real PITA recently... lol. I just sent a bunch of non relevent cassettes and a few CD's straight to land fill heaven. A few years back I sent every Ozzy tape, Crokus, Twisted Sister, And Justice for All and others I cant remember straight to where they belonged, I didnt buy them in the first place, all given to me by people who had grown tired of them and wouldnt take them back.

I've found dusting off my CD and Cassette racks a real PITA recently... lol. I just sent a bunch of non relevent cassettes and a few CD's straight to land fill heaven. A few years back I sent every Ozzy tape, Crokus, Twisted Sister, And Justice for All and others I cant remember straight to where they belonged, I didnt buy them in the first place, all given to me by people who had grown tired of them and wouldnt take them back.

what twisted sister album was it?

what twisted sister album was it?

Dont recall, nor the Crokus ? Krokus ? old early 80's stuff. Both I tried twice but couldnt make it through either time... and we all know I cant take Ozzys voice for more than one or two songs so they went too and that was the first 4 "classic" Ozzy tapes. I love that music when a gig band covers them... guess why ? LOL

Should of just unloaded them on Ebay or Amazon. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else can't enjoy them and you make a little gas money in the process. :err: