Any good books/tutorials to get me started with Logic?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction to a resource for getting myself acquainted with the workflow in Logic? I would love to be able to just play around with it myself, but I have no interface right now and am stuck at work for the next 10 days in another province away from my gear. I will have 2 days with my new interface before my next project starts so I feel like I would be a lot better off at least understanding the basic workflow in Logic before trying to dig in...

Are there any books or tutorials out there that go step by step through creating, recording and putting together a sample project preferrably in Logic 9 but even Logic 8 should be a real help to get acquainted with the system... I just need something I can read/watch during my breaks at work since I have no other time to try and get used to it. 14 hour work days, 14 days straight away from all my gear makes it challenging!

Sweet, his Logic 9 Tips and Tricks series and the Logic 9 Explained series by another author both look like they will be uber helpful. Now to justify paying $50 each for the videos :/ I suppose the $17.99 online stream option for 30 days might be a good way to check it out...

Thanks dude!

About work, I work in materials management in the office on a construction project. I work 4000km away from where I live, so I fly in, work 14 days straight then fly home for a week off. It's only a 10 hour work day but it's a 2 hour commute each way from where I stay, bit of a pain. I'm 22 though and own my own house and bought and paid off a brand new car in 12 months, so it's worth it while I have the opportunity to get ahead.

Sounds like a great opportunity man - definitely glad that you're taking advantage while you're young!

Ahh - didn't realize you had to pay for them, but, if theyr'e as good as the feedback I've seen, they may be well worth it!

Got the Logic 9 Explained series and it is exactly what I was looking for, I feel like I already know exactly what I'm doing with Logic 9 now without ever having tracked in it!

Also ordered Logic Studio to upgrade from Express. Pain in the ass since I had the academic version of Express and didn't know it wasn't eligible for upgrades so I had to just outright buy the full version, Apple customer support knocked $150 off though after my sob story so it turned out alright.