Trackpad with Logic

Charlie E.

Jan 2, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I finally got around to borrowing a trackpad to see how it integrates with Logic and I was happy to find out that the pinch zoom function works great with Logic.
I find this extremely useful especially when editing and working with transient detection.
The ability to zoom in on a hit/transient and then zoom out and move to the next one and quickly zoom in is so nice without having to use the stupid zoom slider or zoom tool. So basically I'm using the magic mouse for standard stuff and side scroll from time to time and the trackpad to the left of my keyboard for quick zoom access. I feel like my workflow is going to dramatically improve like this and I highly recommend it.
There are also other cool gestures to control volume and selecting the sample viewer etc. Anyways thumbs up from me!

I finally got around to borrowing a trackpad to see how it integrates with Logic and I was happy to find out that the pinch zoom function works great with Logic.
I find this extremely useful especially when editing and working with transient detection.
The ability to zoom in on a hit/transient and then zoom out and move to the next one and quickly zoom in is so nice without having to use the stupid zoom slider or zoom tool. So basically I'm using the magic mouse for standard stuff and side scroll from time to time and the trackpad to the left of my keyboard for quick zoom access. I feel like my workflow is going to dramatically improve like this and I highly recommend it.
There are also other cool gestures to control volume and selecting the sample viewer etc. Anyways thumbs up from me!

+1
I've actually been using a Magic Trackpad for pretty much everything besides playing video games or drawing, etc, it's pretty damn handy.