Any guilty musical pleasures outside of Metal or HR?

Agreed, but this is a metal forum, where many feel they have to label non-metal likings as a guilty pleasure. I am like you though, and have no problem confessing my interest in any non-metal band I am into.

While I love the Cure, they are one of the worst live bands ever. UGH!

Seriously, sometimes I look at my music collection and think maybe the metal is what I should actually feel guilty about.
You mention Naked Raygun, I have some on cassette that I have not play in many, many years but I think I will be today. Man that is good stuff there.

You mention Naked Raygun, I have some on cassette that I have not play in many, many years but I think I will be today. Man that is good stuff there.

That's too funny that you mentioned specifically Naked Raygun cassettes.
About a month ago I was going through an old bin of cassettes and flyers in my crawlspace and found a cassette copy of "Raygun...Naked Raygun"

Not their best, but still a solid album.

They were home town heros for me in High school

Forgot about Neil Young, and I like all his eras. Yeah I'm with the others though in that I don't feel guilty, but it is different than what I usually listen to.

New age, trance, early soul and Motown

I'm right there with you. Big fan of Yanni and Kitaro. Love listening to Zapp Band/Midnight Star/Gap Band/Egyptian Lover/Rick James

Big fan of Classic Rock ie Pink Floyd, Boston, LYnyrd Skynyrd

Like synthpop/future pop stuff like VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, Icon of Coil, Ashbury Heights

*Guilty* pleasure? There might be a couple Glee covers on my ipod. *shh* And David Cook - while I can't abide 99% of American Idol crap, they got it right with him.

Not necessarily guilty, but my non-metal listening includes

Butch Walker
Oasis
Ben Folds
The Flaming Lips
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Everclear
Barenaked Ladies

Classic Rock stuff (Beatles, Genesis)
Lots of CLassical

Would these two really qualify as guilty pleasures? They're not metal but they're prog rock which isn't that far off from some prog metal.

Yeah, I would not consider those guilty pleasures. Same as I wouldn't consider AOR bands such as Toto, Journey, Foreigner, etc, guilty pleasures as all of them are still in the Rock realm! :). Hell, someone was hoping Saga would make it to PPUSA!

41K04DXNR1L.jpg

Of course Glenn.......:kickass::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang:

I don't feel guilty about my addiction to AOR, glam metal, and Yanni (good to see some others into New Age on here!)

But I also love KPop. And yes, I did get into it before "Gangnam Style." Girls Generation's "Gee" pretty much sealed my fate
There's also an indie pop band called Hey Ocean! that I absolutely adore. Helps their show this year was probably my third favorite concert ever