Any have a mix for me to master?

ArtGarceau

Jan 24, 2007
Chicago
I've been slowly building a mastering chain...all I need now are my new monitors. Over the years I've been picking the brains of the mastering engineers that have mastered my mixes, I've worked hard at it, and I'm ready to give it a shot publicly. I don't think I'll be offering mastering as part of my "paid" services for a few more years, but instead I'd like to practice on some of you.

Does anyone have a really solid demo that I can master? If you've already put a limiter across 2 buss and crushed it severely than I'd rather not work on that. I'd like to work on a mix that isn't already crushed to oblivion.

The offer is on the table.

What style of music? I have a few songs that I might need to get mastered for a friend anyway, and if you can do an awesome job with it, I'd pay for the work...

only problem is, the mixes wont be ready for probably another month or so... oh... and theres 8 of them, lol.

EDIT: 8 tracks, that is... =P

Here's one file I recorded and mixed 16bit / 44100k - I have it in 24bit / 48000k as well but file size is almost twice as big.... Have fun with it. Hope its what you were looking for. Post the song after its done so I may check it out... as I'm sure others would like to hear as well.... anybody else feel free to take a shot mastering it if you like.

http://www.revolutiondrum.com/reborninblood.wav

Now keep in mind that I'm uploading the song as I'm typing, so give it some time to post...:headbang: