any IR programs for protools?

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
so i run pro tools 7.4 le and as you know I can't use vst's.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any rtas,protools compatible impulse response programs for guitar cab modelling.

I've heard of tl space but is there any others?

cheers

yes you can use a VST version with a wrapper (FXpansion makes one vst-2-rtas adapter). VST wrapping has improved a lot and I have no problems with the VST plugins I wrapped. (been using them for months now on a daily basis).

I own TL|Space, you can get very cheap licenses for it on eBay. I use it in TDM though so that saves me a lot of CPU cycles and troubles. I've heard it's a cpu hog but so should be Altiverb and IR-1 from Waves. Altiverb might be lighter..I don't know, we need some feedback from other users as I've never installed it. TL|Space was a no-brainer for me since it integrates in HD and therefore works transparently like it's not even there.

I am going to use it for guitar cabs impulses too, trying out tomorrow :)

i'm in the same boat, currently on PT 7.4, just getting into IR's and looking for a solution.

I've heard different things about whether the wrapper works with the boogex so considering going for the music production toolkit 2, so i can get TL space (amongst its other advantages). that and an update to PT8.

only another £400...great.

any suggestions would be great!