Any locals heading out to see Winterkill after Powerfest on Sat.?

Let's assume Powerfest was NOT that night.
How many people would be in attendance?

Oh the place would be packed to the max! Kind of like the Feb. 10th show at Legends with Sacred Dawn, Twelfth Gate and MWC. Anyone who is anyone in Chicago metal was there.

Oh the place would be packed to the max! Kind of like the Feb. 10th show at Legends with Sacred Dawn, Twelfth Gate and MWC. Anyone who is anyone in Chicago metal was there.

Well, except that I know for a fact that the majority of those people from the Legends show will be at Powerfest on Saturday.

Although, I'm sure there are some other south siders who didn't come to the Legends show who will go to the Winterkill show.

Actually I wasn't kidding about the Feb. 10th show, there was a nice crowd there. Just ask some people on this forum who were at the show.

Actually I wasn't kidding about the Feb. 10th show, there was a nice crowd there. Just ask some people on this forum who were at the show.

I think that the attendance was so good at that show cause of the location....now don't get me wrong JJ Kelley's is a great place for shows, but us people on the "north" side just can't make it there every weekend. I know hubby and I have a 45 min. drive just to get to Kelley's. So, 45 mins there....show lets out at 2am or 3am, and then 45 mins. home.....makes for a long night. I may sound like a wimp, but I think that location has a lot to do with how many people come out and see a show too. The Feb. 10th show rocked and we were there not only cause we wanted to see all your smiling faces, but it only took us 10 mins to get there from where we live.
What I'm saying is *nudge nudge, wink wink* play more shows on the north side will ya? Hehehehe....Just my 2 pennies worth ;)

Yeah that sucks they did that, I'm probably going to end up cutting out of Powerfest early to do this cause honestly Winterkill > Atheist and this is probably my one and only shot to see them live.
I think I'm going to do similar ... I'm thinking of staying until November's Doom finishes their set, and then heading over to the other place. I don't have much use for Saturnus, Martyr, or Atheist.

Britt

I was also at the Feb. 10 show and it was indeed packed! It was nice to see a turnout like that. I do agree that location is important. Shows kind of in the middle tend to draw more people. I'm not saying that I have never attended a show on the south side because I have (JJ Kelley's included). In fact I was just in Oak Forest last weekend for a show, but it is a haul.

Though the subject has been beaten to death, I will also say that the Winterkill show won't be that much of a threat to Powerfest. I for one have been waiting a very long time to see Saturnus...and by that time of the night, I'm not gonna wanna drive anywhere. :lol: My stumbling distance hotel will be quite appealing!

Okay, here's the silver lining in this Mindwarp Chamber/WinterKill date change: it means that I'm now free to go to O'Malley's on 3/24. Sacred Dawn, who I've been meaning to see for the first time, is playing a show with Heaven and Hell that night - almost forgot about that! I remember writing that show off because of the original Kelley's schedule. Just checked the SD Myspace page and as of now it looks like it's still on! :kickass:

Okay, here's the silver lining in this Mindwarp Chamber/WinterKill date change: it means that I'm now free to go to O'Malley's on 3/24. Sacred Dawn, who I've been meaning to see for the first time, is playing a show with Heaven and Hell that night - almost forgot about that! I remember writing that show off because of the original Kelley's schedule. Just checked the SD Myspace page and as of now it looks like it's still on! :kickass:

I'm still tossing on the Sacred Dawn show on the 24th and G3....I'm leaning towards SD cause I don't think G3 is worth the ticket price...

I've never attended a G3 event. I know what they are just never been to one.

Yeah I'm in the same boat which is odd considering my past history and number of shows I've attended. This year I'd like to go because 2 of my favorite guitarists ever are on the bill (Petrucci and Gilbert) however the same thing gets me every year, I just don't know if I could listen to that much instrumental music in one night.

I have never been to a G3 thing either, but I agree. I think a whole night of instrumental would be a real snoozefest, regardless of how talented the players are.