Any locals heading out to see Winterkill after Powerfest on Sat.?

well yeah... I wasn't really suggesting that it was going to kill the attendance during Atheist's set... my comment was more just a question aimed at the people who mentioned that they were planning on skipping Atheist. I mean, if they're there for death metal night, then they don't have an aversion to death metal... otherwise, they'd just go to the power metal show. I guess I'm just up in arms over why anyone interested in technical/progressive death metal would rather go see a very ordinary (IMO) old-school metal band instead of one of the progenitors of the technical/progressive death genre. Nostalgic reasons? Personal preference?

Here it is from my perspective, I love both Winterkill albums, I still listen to them regularly today after being out for many years. I'm currently 27 years old, when Winterkill was big on the club scene around here I was in my late teens and was not old enough to get into most bars so I never got to see them live.

On the other hand, Atheist is a type of band where I may spin a tune from every rare once in a while. Like I said in a previous post, they aren't what's getting me in the door, Thurisaz is getting me in the door Saturday, well that and I want to support Chris and Rob for all their hard work they do on this fest and for the local scene.

It's a matter of preference and who knows how the day will go, I may end up just staying at Powerfest all night anyway. Actually this kind of reminds me of a few years back when we were in Milwaukee and we stopped off to watch Nevermore open up the Mercyful Fate show then drove up the road to see Megadeth headline because Static X is bad....of course I'm kicking myself now since Mercyful Fate hasn't toured since then.

Thanks for saying that Paul.
I was going to say the same exact thing.
How many people would be at the Winterkill show regardless if Powerfest was in town that night or not?

That post kind of sums it up, this is basically going to weed up the people who just go to local shows to go vs the ones who are fans.

No, not sucking up.
But if I was the first to say that Winterkill isn't going to draw 200 fans, I would have gotten shit-stormed upon.
As Paul said, there is a whole concert going population outside of this message board. Just because 10 people here are excited about Winterkill doesn't mean that Powerfest is going to suffer as a result.

No, not sucking up.
But if I was the first to say that Winterkill isn't going to draw 200 fans, I would have gotten shit-stormed upon.
As Paul said, there is a whole concert going population outside of this message board. Just because 10 people here are excited about Winterkill doesn't mean that Powerfest is going to suffer as a result.

As a Winterkill fan, I honestly don't think they'd draw even 100 people...

that's beside the point... it doesn't explain why so many people are planning on going to Death Metal Nite of CPF and then skipping out on the biggest attraction of the night... why would they show up at all? why wouldn't they just go to the other show in the first place? it doesn't make any sense to me.
Uh, because I want to see November's Doom pretty badly, and also find Thurisaz kind of interesting. After ND I'm probably going to head over to the other show ... if I leave right after ND I won't miss much of it at all. Plus ... it's $3, and it's only 15 minutes or so away. I'm just not into Saturnus, Martyr, or Atheist ... totally not my kind of thing. I've tried Saturnus ... boring, and as for the other two I'm not into tech, or jazzy metal. The vocals from both of those bands are awful, and the music doesn't interest me. I'll take standard run of the mill powermetal over those two bands.

Britt

Let met say I'm pissed off!!!! I'm going to miss Saturday night Powerfest. Both Scott and myself were supremely pissed that our show got booked this night, we didnt book the show so we got screwed. Trust me I really wish we weren't playing that night, I really want to see ND!!!! I wonder if I can wing going to see ND then running back to JJ's.

Let met say I'm pissed off!!!! I'm going to miss Saturday night Powerfest. Both Scott and myself were supremely pissed that our show got booked this night, we didnt book the show so we got screwed. Trust me I really wish we weren't playing that night, I really want to see ND!!!! I wonder if I can wing going to see ND then running back to JJ's.

I'm not a medical doctor, but when I saw you at Legends a few weeks ago, your handshake was sort of off. Could be some a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome creeping in on you. That could be bad for a keyboard player. Perhaps you should take some time off in a month to make sure it doesn't flare up. Scott was kind of sounding a bit hoarse, too. Strain on the vocal cords, you know. Could be bad. Maybe he needs a rest as well. Just for a few weeks or so. :saint:

Ken

I'm not a medical doctor, but when I saw you at Legends a few weeks ago, your handshake was sort of off. Could be some a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome creeping in on you. That could be bad for a keyboard player. Perhaps you should take some time off in a month to make sure it doesn't flare up. Scott was kind of sounding a bit hoarse, too. Strain on the vocal cords, you know. Could be bad. Maybe he needs a rest as well. Just for a few weeks or so. :saint:

Ken

:lol: :headbang:

That sucks....then why did you guys agree to it? Is it cuz it's Brent's last show before he moves?

You guys should still come over afterwards...I'm sure we'll still be partying. :kickass:

Call in sick!

Why anyone in their right mind would go see this show is beyond me. Not because of who's playing, but where. Especially when they're playing in a bigger venue with a larger stage and better equipment the next night...

Yeah but this show is on a Saturday and the one at Nellies is a Sunday. I'm sure we all have to work on Monday (even me!), that's why I'm going to the saturday show.

Well overall it looks like there's going to be a lot more people there than I previously thought. I will definetly shoot out that way ...as soon as Atheist in done playing.