any Manowar fans here...?

Well it's all a matter of scruples isn't it? So here's the situation:

You meet some hot chick with drop dead legs in a bar after work and you know that the deal clencher is admitting to liking Barbara fucking Streisand.

Do you:

(a) Tell her 'no way - Manowar all the way. Hail to England'.
(b) Get up on the karaoke machine and start singing "Memories"

I tell you what - I bet the fucking lead singer of Manowar would even take (b).

:lol:

Originally posted by JayKeeley

AjDeath;

Actually unless you know someone personally, you have no idea who you're talking to in forums such as these. Men could be women, blacks could be whites, fat people can be thin people - that is the whole point of forums - everyone is in 'disguise'. Nobody comes here to make real friends because we're all dispersed around the world. So if you know this person then fine, but otherwise leave Italians or other minorities out of it. This is a global community and not everybody understands the inherent racist terms Americans have for other countries.

By the way, I'm not italian, but hearing people refer to blacks as my pals and italians as wops is a disgrace in this day and age. Sure it's all funny hiding behind your AjDeath name, but resorting to bigotry makes you as bad as your friend Kushantaiidan who you went after on a rampage.

At Manowar fans;

Sensitivity is an issue perhaps? But surely nobody seriously walks down the street in swords and sandals. Yes, that is an image of the band, but poking fun of that image is exactly that - fun. Most Manowar fans have grown to accept it since it's been happening the day they took to the stage. And likewise, the same happens with Ronnie James Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen etc. You should take it all with a pinch of salt.

Actually Jay, I got carried away by the overtly Hate Pit attitude in this thread, and if you had ever met me me, you would know I was just fucking around, Joey knows this also. So take that with a pinch of salt you asshole. Also, I am not even close to being a racist, read a reply to the frigging Image thread I made, it may surprise you.

Originally posted by MindMorgue
Lucios right though, and all this "I'm so honest and sensitive, look at me break down and cry for no reason" is just a different ploy to achieve the same result as lying about being rich or whatever.

MindMorgue.
ps. Veil likes europe, veil likes europe, hahahahahahahaha :D

hey f*ck you you f*cking c*nt sucking f*t b*tch

AjDeath;
By the way, I'm not italian, but hearing people refer to blacks as my pals and italians as wops is a disgrace in this day and age. Sure it's all funny hiding behind your AjDeath name, but resorting to bigotry makes you as bad as your friend Kushantaiidan who you went after on a rampage.

that's right. you're a racist sexist homophobe Roger ..........you're starting to get into my good books at last.

no excuses now

Originally posted by veil the sky

hey f*ck you you f*cking c*nt sucking f*t b*tch

ohhh, I'm deeply shocked and offended now, how could you make such hurtful remarks, you don't even know me. I'm going to bite my lip and sulk and get all sanctimonious know. :cry:

MindMorgue.
ps. you still like europe though hahahahahahahaha

In the words of Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?" :lol:

If there is anything worse than being politically correct in forums where we use psuedonyms (for the love of god) and maintain anonymity, it has to be admitting to liking Europe.

In fact, I declare that it is indeed politically INcorrect to liking Joey Tempest and his skin tight leathers. Whilst I'm at it, I would also like to add the necessity to declare war against Manowar clothing and the vocals of that balding lead singer from The Scorpions (who sings through the top of his nose).

I cannot believe that this topic has not been resolved already. This really isnt that difficult. I feel the basic attitude on the post is
one that underminds one of the few bands out there today that supports and carries on the true metal spirit!! Jakeelee mentioned something along the lines of not getting so worked up over this because I should expect critical remarks regarding Manowar and other bands like them..maybe I wouldnt be shocked to know that Manowar arent respected say at my job or the local grocery store.. but this is ULTMATE METAL.COM-key word being Metal.. here I would have thought that we wouldnt be at each others throats debating on Manowar's worthiness. We wouldnt be talking to people that would rather fuck some stupid bitch that hates metal than admitt we love Manowar. We are all suppose to be Metal here- I really think it is disgusting that you value pussy over music.. someone said they would rather have pam lee over elvira.. thats just stupid-and far too shallow to even comment on. If you would denounce metal for some whore then you don't Deserve to even be acknowledged on a metal forum.. therefore, I will not be reading nor responding to anything that you have to say. ITs all a total disgrace to mankind and to metalkind. For those of you that think there is a whole world full of things that should have equal attention and that no one should get so defensive about metal-its only music.." well, I feel like there is nothing MORE worthy than metal to be devoted to..I think you should be more worried that the world is full of nothingheads like a few of the posters here.. than a devoted metalhead like me.. at least you know I woudnt sell you out when it came down to it.

MetalMaiden1777 - let me address (sorry if you mis-read my note);

Perhaps I could have written a private note here, but I do feel that I want to elaborate my point about taking this all with a 'pinch of salt' in the public forum.

I think that, although this is "ultimate metal", this discussion is taking place in the 'General Music' area - this to me actually implies that we can talk about ANY type of metal music. But if the moderators wish to correct me on this, then please do so. However, if the comments appeared on a specific Manowar forum board then my point would differ since you would expect the majority of visitors to be actual Manowar fans.

In addition, we all have to accept that even heavy metal fans are allowed to hate particular aspects of metal. Just as classical music fans may tend to prefer Beethhoven over Bach. Just because you like classical music does not mean you have to like ALL classical music. Do you follow? :)

Hence even in the General Music forum, you will always get people who will tell you that they hate certain aspects of metal -whether it be a dislike towards death growls to the mainstream of nuMetal. I guess everything is considered "fair game" in this forum?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If there is anything worse than being politically correct in forums where we use psuedonyms (for the love of god) and maintain anonymity, it has to be admitting to liking Europe.

In fact, I declare that it is indeed politically INcorrect to liking Joey Tempest and his skin tight leathers. Whilst I'm at it, I would also like to add the necessity to declare war against Manowar clothing and the vocals of that balding lead singer from The Scorpions (who sings through the top of his nose).

........shut up lucio

and sort out that stupid f*cking avatar

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777

If you would denounce metal for some whore then you don't Deserve to even be acknowledged on a metal forum.. therefore, I will not be reading nor responding to anything that you have to say. ITs all a total disgrace to mankind and to metalkind....well, I feel like there is nothing MORE worthy than metal to be devoted to..I think you should be more worried that the world is full of nothingheads like a few of the posters here.. than a devoted metalhead like me..

In my expert opinion, you may be suffering from acute borderline obsessive schizophrenia.

Otherwise known as being a chick.

If Manowar's image and message represent metal as a whole, then there's something wrong. No wonder most people look down on us metalheads...It's because of Manowar. Fuck Manowar.

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
If Manowar's image and message represent metal as a whole, then there's something wrong. No wonder most people look down on us metalheads...It's because of Manowar. Fuck Manowar.

Everytime a serious metal band wants to take one step forward, bands like Manowar and Hammerfall set that motion three steps back.

Some people are so obsessed with "heavy metal" though that just because a band is labelled 'heavy metal', it somehow translates into the band being great. Why is that? Can we not like heavy metal music, and still see that some heavy metal just sucks!!? If you like Manowar, that's fine, but to say that ALL heavy metal is great is just dumb.

It amazes me how people lose all signs of objectivity in the realm of metal music, and that is why Manowar make $$$. People will buy it no matter what. Shame really because they perpetuate the worst stereotypes the music has to offer (over and over and over - same subject, same loin cloths and sandals, different album title).