Any Midi experts out there?

Dec 19, 2003
Anyone know how I would go about transposing the keys in the midi editor down a semitone, so i can record in E flat and play along without having to either play all the black notes, or having to drag everything to the right key after recording... I'm using cubase SX.

Thanks - Sean.

Ehm... if I understand the question correctly and you want to transpose the whole track : right click on the track -> midi -> transpose -> then decide how much you wanna transpose. If you only want to transpose some notes in the track you have to double click the track, select the tranposable notes, right click -> midi -> transpose

Thanks for your reply, but I want to know how I can transpose the keys in the midi editor BEFORE recording, so for example, I press an E on the keyboard controller and the midi note sounds-out as an E-FLAT, if you get what I mean? Basically my guitar tracks are recorded in Eb, and I want to play along with the keyboard as if I were playing in standard tuning...

It's a just an oxygen 8 keyboard-controller, I'm not sure if it does semitones, you can go up and down octaves on the keyboard. But as the sounds are on the plugins rather than the keyboard, I thought there might be away to move everything down a key in the midi-editor?

1b5nc.jpg

This should do exactly what you want - its all built into cubase SX3

I ringed the Inspector options in red - (hope thats clear enough) then change transpose setting to do what you need!

my first post! Hope it works and was helpful,

m.o.o.k

if its like my radium you click a button that said midi control or something then you click the key with the b (flat) sign above it. then you will be transposed -1 semitone