MIDI Troubles, any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Ok, I've encountered a serious problem while mixing some recorded midi tracks. It looks like for almost every note, there are 2 other notes underneath that note playing simultaneously, which makes the track sound really out of phase. I was wondering if there is any way to quickly delete the unwanted notes. The only way i can do so now is to individually click on each note and hit delete, which takes forever! I'm currently using Cubase LE, but would be open to any suggestions on any better programs for midi editing. Quantizing doesn't seem to do much other than making it distort. I need to find a way to get rid of those mother fuckers! please help.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when i zoom in all the way.

2001907549735763920_rs.jpg

Uhm.. I think Nuendo has some feature that can do this. "Delete doubled notes" or something like that.
But thats Nuendo and I dont know if Cubase has it.

i think you are getting a midi loop fx somewhere in your chain. if you are using a vst instrument...make sure it isnt set to generate midi. i forgot what function that is in nuendo.

this was my first time actually recording midi. cubase does has a function called delete doubles, which does absolutely nothing. i'm using an m-audio midi to usb connector. at the time i was using edirol as the vst instrument, but i don't have it anymore so i'm not sure if that could have caused it. the input was set to usb audio device and the output was edirol. how would i check to see if i have both usb and standard midi are enabled?