Any newbies like me going to PPUSA?? Just a little intro...

This will be my 5th year at ProgPower. I remember the first year I went - I had no idea what to expect. As you can probably tell, once you go you'll get hooked!

I'll post some links tomorrow of what to do and what to expect. I've had a LONG day at work and ready to go to bed. 12 hours was not a fun day.:erk:

My social director is Su, who will be assisting with T-shirts and gold badges, so feel free to let her trip me for you, she loves it. :)

all n00bs, come see me, Reverend Su, along with Tracie (The Keeper of the Su), Dawn (Mrs. Chicken Killer) and Jax (Jax ;) ) at the t-shirt/gold badge table...

we will be some of the first people who might meet and we can help you out a lot...this is only my 4th one (i know, right?!) and i LOVELOVELOVE this fest - the music AND the people...

hail, Glenn!!!:worship:

Standard equipment for all new comers should be a high quality set of ear plugs!! Since Glenn affords us 4 days of metalness now, you will be surprised how much the sheer volume can wear you down. I highly recommend hitting up google, and searching for "Etymotic ER-20" ear plugs. They are a life saver, and do not block any of the music... just take it down a notch! MANY attendees rely on them, myself included. I have been using them for the better part of 5 years, and have never looked back.

mëtålspëd;8511140 said:
Standard equipment for all new comers should be a high quality set of ear plugs!! Since Glenn affords us 4 days of metalness now, you will be surprised how much the sheer volume can wear you down. I highly recommend hitting up google, and searching for "Etymotic ER-20" ear plugs. They are a life saver, and do not block any of the music... just take it down a notch! MANY attendees rely on them, myself included. I have been using them for the better part of 5 years, and have never looked back.

+1 to the nth power! You suggested these to me my first year, Rich, and it was and still is the best $12 I ever spent on PP.

I don't use ear plugs, going deaf is metal.

I do, I want to preserve my hearing to ENJOY metal :saint:, and to prove that...

PPVII_27.jpg

that's me asleep at PPVII :lol:, I'm sure I'm gonna do it again this year :p

Where are you from??

Costa Rica.

Lol, I was kidding. Except about not wearing ear plugs.

I have found in my experience that my earplugs allow me to enjoy the show as good as anyone and I suffer much less deterioration of the hearing.

To me metal is life, the sole idea of becoming deaf if one of my deepest primal fears (and yes I'm gonna have earplugs at Scheepers' band show too :lol:).

Hi there!

I'm a n00b as well. I'm from Spain, and an incredible coincidence brought me to Atlanta for a year, starting next Friday. I knew that a great ProgPower fest was held in the USA and I always wanted to attend... but I didn't know it would be so "near"!!

I'm really looking forward to be there (full attendant -Wed to Sat-) and meet as many people as I can! I hope I'll be able to, as my English could be a LOT better... I'll do my best.

If you want to meet me... just shout out loud "Che-Chuuuuu!!!" (as it was a Chinese name) and wait some secs. I'll probably be nearby =P

Hi there!

I'm a n00b as well. I'm from Spain, and an incredible coincidence brought me to Atlanta for a year, starting next Friday. I knew that a great ProgPower fest was held in the USA and I always wanted to attend... but I didn't know it would be so "near"!!

I'm really looking forward to be there (full attendant -Wed to Sat-) and meet as many people as I can! I hope I'll be able to, as my English could be a LOT better... I'll do my best.

If you want to meet me... just shout out loud "Che-Chuuuuu!!!" (as it was a Chinese name) and wait some secs. I'll probably be nearby =P

stop by the official PPUSA t-shirt table and meet some of us! you HAVE to buy a shirt!!!:headbang:

stop by the official PPUSA t-shirt table and meet some of us! you HAVE to buy a shirt!!!:headbang:

Yes, yes! Definitely stop by the t-shirt table ~ I'll be there, too and I speak fluent Spanish! :D

~ Jen

I'm a newbie myself, this is my second time, I went in 2006 , had the ticket for 2007 but just couldn't make it.

I dragged along with me my friend Daniel, it's his first time. The last time I didn't get to make a lot of friends, hope that changes this year :)

We'll be the ones holding a beer in each hand.

3874544717_115818af5c.jpg

Hoping they don´t sell out early..are there going to be tshirts on Wednesday night?

No, tshirts will not be on sale Wed. night.

Gold badge holders may purchase tshirts beginning Thurs. at 2pm.

General public may purchase tshirts on Fri. when the doors open at 3:30pm.

~ Jen

I'm a newbie myself, this is my second time, I went in 2006 , had the ticket for 2007 but just couldn't make it.

I dragged along with me my friend Daniel, it's his first time. The last time I didn't get to make a lot of friends, hope that changes this year :)

We'll be the ones holding a beer in each hand.

Me & Jim - who are also two handed drinkers lol - occasionally been known to carry a third in my teeth :)
If nothing else - we are all destined to run into each other.:headbang::kickass:

mëtålspëd;8511140 said:

Thanks a lot. Earplugs bought...4 days to get to FL....hopefully ample time to arrive before I leave for PP on the 9th!!!! I usually get the ´mufflers´and those are bad...with these, all frequencies cut, not only the highs!!!