Any News on the CD or a new Record Company?

Yeah something like that. I absolutely hate the idea of a finished record being sat upon and unreleased all because of the business aspects of the music industry.

What makes all this even worse is that nobody has heard from the band about ANYTHING in like 6 months. Even if times weren't good wouldn't you update people with a nice little "hey we're trying this and this..... blah blah blah" once a year? Seems to me right now that Skyfire aren't actively pursuing anything, and if they are they are keeping it a secret (which makes no sense). Or maybe I'm just really pissed off?

Your pissed off, but at the same time kind of right, i think they should update at least once a month or so otherwise there isn't much point in having a news section on a website. But maybe they are trying so hard that they have no time to update anything.

Now hang on a minute here. The band doesn't have some kind of responsibility to provide you with music. They've gotta work for a living, and that's priority number one. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Henke and Joakim live ridiculously far from Martin and Andreas (no idea where Johan lives), and so it costs quite a bit just for them to get together. I remember a long time ago Henke made a post about how he was flat broke. So anyway, the point here is that the music CAN'T be a big priority. So if they're not actively persuing anything, that's their business.

Also, while the website isn't updated regularly, Andreas posts here ever so often and lets us know what's up. But what's the point of them updating the site if every one was just "Nope, nothin' yet?" Better than pulling a Gardenian. "No, really guys, it's coming soon. No, not yet, keep waiting. Really, guys, I'm super serial, it won't be long now." And then proceed to split up.

Fuck a middle man, I won't pay anyone else
I'll bootleg it and sell it to the streets my self
I'd rather be that than signed and stuck on a shelf
And because of this executives try to diss me
Racism frozen in time like Walt Disney
And now they say they wanna get me signed to the majors
If I switch up my politics and change my behavior
Try to tell me what to rhyme about over the beat
Bitch niggas that never spent a day in the street
But I repeat that nobody can hold my reigns
I put the truth on tracks nigga, simple and plain

Skyfire have the talent to sell out and make a bazillion dollars. I'd rather they hold out than settle. That's not to say I wouldn't love to hear what they've got, and it's not to say I'm not surprised they haven't landed something with a decent label by now because I am, but they know what they're doing and there are much worse things than to record for the love of the music and sit on it.

I think my angry post earlier was brought on by my sister playing Avenged Sevenfold in the car today. I thought how the FUCK a band as shitty as them could possibly land a deal while Skyfire can't? I proceeded to give her an earful

froosch said:
Better than pulling a Gardenian. "No, really guys, it's coming soon. No, not yet, keep waiting. Really, guys, I'm super serial, it won't be long now." And then proceed to split up.

That just gave me a great idea for an album title: The Closest Thing You'll Ever Get To Chinese Democracy

The Don said:
What makes all this even worse is that nobody has heard from the band about ANYTHING in like 6 months. Even if times weren't good wouldn't you update people with a nice little "hey we're trying this and this..... blah blah blah" once a year? Seems to me right now that Skyfire aren't actively pursuing anything, and if they are they are keeping it a secret (which makes no sense). Or maybe I'm just really pissed off?
another band that does this is Imperanon, ive been looking foward to a new album from them for forever now, and i think its been since the beginning of the year since they updated the site with some news about whats going on

I ask Henrik every now and again if there is any news. I got a reply yesterday which said this....

no news yet. sorry.

Thats all

Well, since someone brought them up earlier, that happened to Gardenian. They had this record set for sometime, then they decided to form a different band with the same material, then they made Engel, and now they have shit on a plate in my opinion at least.