Any of you in a band?

Mortyr

Mortyr
Jun 19, 2005
Holland (but I'm from Serbia)
I am and it's my one man black metal band called Mortyr. I'm writing music for my first demo.
mortyr_danijel.jpg

mortyr_danijelguitars.jpg

Well, sort of...
I've recently begun singing/screaming to some music that a friend of mine is making for me. I doubt that it'll become something serious, but I guess that time will tell. I'm just having fun doing it as it is right now...

I play bass in a metal band called Keeper of Darkness http://www.keeperofdarkness.net since..mh..4 years or more...and in the next week we will release our first demo. We play metal like Nevermore but with other influence..you'll find an mp3 and one video on the website..and I think that tonight I'm going to upload another one...and within the next weeks I will upload also the complete demo!
I'll be very happy if you download the song and tell me wath do you think!!!
Skål!!!!

Bon said:
I'll be very happy if you download the song and tell me wath do you think!!!
Skål!!!!
Listening right now......
very good indeed except the vocals you know the singer is very good but he has an accent and i dont like that type of singing but other than that its very good!!! :headbang:

A friend of mine and me recorded once some waste under the name "Cuisneach Dorchadas". We labled our style 'Black Grind'.
We had two songs, one was called
Frostblitz! im grimmigen Kampf gegen zerbärstende Römerhorden (zerbrach die Blutklinge der Ahnenkraft)
and the other one
Fruchtblitz! The bloody Rage of the Sabberschluck (in the arysk Bottle of a necro Friend)

:Spin:

Oh, and we founded a band called "Bärenfänger" but I doubt if it ever will come to music. I write some here and then but we cannot find any bassist or drummer. That's a pity!

I've wanted to make a thread for a while in this forum, but I don't want people to think that I'm just trying to spam. I think a large amount of you will like Noltem (see the link in my signature to get a song), my primary influence is indeed Vintersorg. Check it out... let me know what you think. Demos are available for those who want them...

http://marksveld.tripod.com/1home.htm < direct link to the site

Draugen said:
Well, sort of...
I've recently begun singing/screaming to some music that a friend of mine is making for me. I doubt that it'll become something serious, but I guess that time will tell. I'm just having fun doing it as it is right now...
How about putting music to these? :)

amf said:
How about putting music to these? :)

Hehe, well it is those (among others) that I have in mind. I've done one called "Asfågel Av Hvite Krist" (which sounded way too much BM) and I will soon be working on one called "Vansinnets Väv" which hopefully will sound more like V (Cosmic Genesis-era).
The main problem that I have is that the guy who's doing the music doesen't like Vintersorg at all, but I've asked him to listen to "Under Norrskenets Fallande...", "Svältvinter", "Fångad Utav Nordens Själ" and "Vildmarkens Förtrollande..." so he'll hopefully know in what vein I'd like to have the music...

Marksveld said:
I've wanted to make a thread for a while in this forum, but I don't want people to think that I'm just trying to spam. I think a large amount of you will like Noltem (see the link in my signature to get a song), my primary influence is indeed Vintersorg. Check it out... let me know what you think. Demos are available for those who want them...

http://marksveld.tripod.com/1home.htm < direct link to the site

I just downloaded "Hymn of the Wood" and i like it! :headbang:

Ive BEEN in many bands...some pretty popular...Drogheda - Grindcrust band and From The Depths - Melo/Black/Death....played bass in most of the bands Ive been in... vocals in others...Im currently "retired" from bands perse. I did some solo stuff....just for shits and giggles. A Stoner/Black/Metal projec and an old Napalm Death style grind one. I started a Vedic-Blackmetal project called The Nrisimha Sect...Ive only done one song so far...sounds kinda like old Impaled Nazarene...running out of time to do more songs...probably wont see the light of day...no one around me to inspire or even work with on it. Oh well. :erk:

I'm sort of a one-man-band, called Thíestru (Old English for 'shades of night'). I'm working on songs for a demo right now, which I think may be called Nattens Skygger (can any of you Norwegians tell me if that makes sense? I'm only an American after all, and don't speak Norwegian =P). I've got about 13 or 14 songs right now, sort of, of which most are not completed, and some of which are nowhere near finished. No samples or anything yet, since I hardly have anything recorded, but the style is surprisingly very soft, and very sad. I say 'surprisingly' because I always meant for my music to be a lot heavier than it is, but I seem to write more/better songs on acoustic/classical guitar, so most of my current songs are rather ballad-ish. Still, I do have a black metal song and some songs that are sort of doom-death. One sounds sort of newer-Katatonia-ish. I wrote a little folk metal songs a while back that I really liked, called Nattfåglar, which is the only song I've ever written in a different language (this being Swedish). Anyway, the metal songs tend to be rather long, whereas the soft ones stay around the 5 minute range.

Sorry for the long reply; I get a bit carried away when talking about my music. \m/

There is nothing to excuse, it seems very interesting, what you are doing! I hope, we'll listen to some of your songs soon :D

@Marksveld: I loaded your song you distribute on your page and it's really nice! I like it in spite of the lack of quality :/ Thumbs up! ;)