Pagan Tavern - Your fav pagan/viking/folk/neofolk..etc bands

Sigurðr;9050709 said:
someone know some good Danish viking or folk metal band? I only know Svartsot D:

Closest I can think of is my beloved Týr; they're from the Faroe islands, but they also play some old Danish folk songs, and also sing in Danish.

:lol: you can try! many were claiming the same before you, and i still stand my ground! You as a norwegian should have known better! ;) Musicians like Annbjørg Lien etc. were doing this all for years before, and much better than Wardruna! I just don't get what's all this fuss is about, it must be the name... :rolleyes: i don't say anything bad about the music, it's just nothing special what i haven't heard before... However i've never seen them live, maybe that would make a difference...
BTW you do have a great music taste, so there :p

Actually, I've never heard any bands similar to Wardruna, so I'll definitely check out Annbjørg Lien. Of course Wardruna is known among metal people because of Kvitravn and Gaahl, so I wouldn't be suprised if there are better bands playing the same genre, who are completely unknown to me.

Actually, I've never heard any bands similar to Wardruna, so I'll definitely check out Annbjørg Lien. Of course Wardruna is known among metal people because of Kvitravn and Gaahl, so I wouldn't be suprised if there are better bands playing the same genre, who are completely unknown to me.
yes that's exactly what i mean! :) i don't know/remember other bands' names but i'm going to ask my bf and post them here. He used to play this kind of music to me all the time when we were dating, because he knew i'm crazy about Norway and he wanted to impress me :lol: