Bands from your country

_raven_

musician/photographer
Mar 9, 2004
bh/mg - Brazil
Hello again,I wished to share with you some links for underground bands in my country and to know some of the bands in yours too

I come from Belo Horizonte-Brazil,Sepultura's hometown.We have some good bands around here,the styles which are prospering lately are gothic,power and mainly black metal.The hardcore/punk scene is also rich but I dislike most of them because they're so repetitive and because punk is not my thing too(we like to make fun of some of them while drinking =p).

I only wished we had more death,trash and doom bands around(not like tristania's doom,wich is popular around here too,more like anathema's doom).But lets get down to business already,you can get mp3s at their sites too =)

Noturna (www.noturna.net) -Gothic band,influences vary from nightwish to tristania,the female singer is very hot and has a pretty voice,the male vocals are excellent,specially when they're clean(listen to evil heart)

Hell Trucker(www.helltrucker.com)-Trash Metal with an 80's influence,these guys are brutal and are doing well with their ep in Germany as I recall

Agaures(www.agaures.com.br)-Black Metal as a form of art,they're very good at what they do,great guitars,vocals,keyboard and drums.They opened Gorgoroth,Dark Funeral and Marduk

Palimpsesto(www.palimp.com)-These guys are a great revelation,their sound cant really be described as one thing or another,kinda like a fuse of Cranberries with Lacuna Coil and some heavy guitars with great solos,really rockish,the vocals feature 2 girls wich will amaze you,sometimes they sound like Kirk Hammet meet Cristina Scabbia

ps:if you wish to send links for photos of your friends having fun and clubs with live music which you go I can send some links for you guys too so we can know each other better and share cultures and points of view

detonation - death metal by the book
within temptation - poppy goth metal
the gathering - moody/psychedelic rock
orphanage - groovy and atmosph. doom/death
after forever - prog goth metal
textures - cross over metal (death/black/prog/laid back/funky) :cool:
officium triste - doom
trail of tears - doom/death
engorge - death a la bolt thrower and such
celestial season - early stuff: catchy doom, present: stoner like

yeah,within temptation,the gathering,after forever and trail of tears are well known around here.I took notes of the other bands and Ill be looking for their websites,if u have them it would be great =D

ps:these bands I listed are all from my hometown and friends I know here.There are several bands wich are far better known than those and with a professional sound,but Im not after that,more into underground sounds and new talents =)
www.brasilmetal.com - this site has a list of a lot of brazilian bands,if you are curious or something

toolsofthetrade said:
phorum.surrealm.net/index.php?c=14
www.orphanage.nl i'm doing a video for these guys
www.textures.nl
www.detonation.nl
people.zeelandnet.nl/nl88adr/engorge

seems that celestial season has split :(
check out their stuff, especially Solar Lovers
aye, they've split in fucken 2001!!! And no one could give answer to me if some members of the band have any new projects. A pity. Their last album was great too, Solar Lovers one of the best doom albums i reckon, and the Sonic orb EP one of the best stuff they did, more stoner rock like, with violins!:hotjump:

tools you have no clue either what the guys are doin now? Anyone?

Morpheus said:
tools you have no clue either what the guys are doin now? Anyone?
yeh, Jason Kohnen is a drum'n'bass dj now, he seems to be very good at his trade. the guitarist (the blonde dude) used to be in Frosen Sun, but that band has split too. one of the violin players was an academic player, so i think she moved more into the classical scene.

the rest of them is basically missing.

I'd like to listen to celestial season,even now you are praising them so much

new profile pic,this is me and a girl-friend friend,I had shorter hair back then =p
hope it will appear =)

toolsofthetrade said:
yeh, Jason Kohnen is a drum'n'bass dj now, he seems to be very good at his trade. the guitarist (the blonde dude) used to be in Frosen Sun, but that band has split too. one of the violin players was an academic player, so i think she moved more into the classical scene.

the rest of them is basically missing.
cheers dude for the info! A pity they all seem to disappear from the music scene!

al rite

Tim's Favourite www.timsfavourite.com grungy heavy rock (ala alice in chains)
dEUS www.isufferrock.com/ rock
Aborted www.goremageddon.be/ death metal
Zita Swoon www.zitaswoon.com rock
Lords of Acid www.lordsofacid.be electro rock (and quite dancy)
Hooverphonic www.hooverphonic.com/ trip hop (more rock lately, and their first album is under the bandname 'hoover') big recommendation!!!
Ozark Henry www.ozarkhenry.com singer-songwriter ala david bowie
Channel Zero (no website) band has split, but this is the greatest metal band of belgium ever. thrash metal. :headbang:
Belgian Asociality www.asociality.com/ pure fun

From my hometown:
-Flowing Tears
-Red Aim
-Mysterium
-The drummer of the Scorpions
-Nicole - winner of Grand Prix 1984
-Sandra - German Popsinger from the 80`s

...and of course: Autumnblaze