Any old time original Opeth forum members still lurking around?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I don't post much on internet forums anymore - I guess life just got in the way. But hey, Opeth is still by far my #1 band and I still listen to metal.

Both kids out of the house - 26 year old son married for 1 year now and I will have a grandchild in October (I'll still be under 50 years old as a grandfather - 49 to be exact), 24 year old daughter a nurse.

Just saw Opeth at the House of Blues in Boston (took my son) - we were the first ones in the venue when the doors opened, so we decided to stand front and center rail. Awesome show, but holding back thousands of pounds of human meat was difficult at times.

So hi to all, new and old members. :)

I guess I'm somewhwat new around here but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the new member of your family, MetalMan! And it's kinda cool to see someone around here who's older than me (I turn 40 this year. Ugh). :)

I just saw Opeth at the DC show a couple nights ago, so I was checking out the thread from that show. So...good timing.

I'm doing well. I spend most of my free time anthropomorphizing my puppy. Still working for Congress. Life is good.

Congrats on the grandchild. It's nice that you're young enough to really get to know them. If we have a kid, it'll be a couple years still, which is too bad for our parents.

I don't post much on internet forums anymore - I guess life just got in the way. But hey, Opeth is still by far my #1 band and I still listen to metal.

Both kids out of the house - 26 year old son married for 1 year now and I will have a grandchild in October (I'll still be under 50 years old as a grandfather - 49 to be exact), 24 year old daughter a nurse.

Just saw Opeth at the House of Blues in Boston (took my son) - we were the first ones in the venue when the doors opened, so we decided to stand front and center rail. Awesome show, but holding back thousands of pounds of human meat was difficult at times.

So hi to all, new and old members. :)

Congrat papa !!
Great to see someone in your age listening to Opeth :D
Your kids listen to Metal too?

So, all you old timers felt that a new thread calling you was created? Or do you still come here everyday and watch without posting?

So, all you old timers felt that a new thread calling you was created? Or do you still come here everyday and watch without posting?

And your point would be?

I made the thread because I amoungst others have been here since the beginning of this forum. So I haven't posted much in the past few years. I believe in the world of forums it works something like this (in general) - you come join a fourm of interest, meet some friends, post a lot to start, the forum changes, you move on to other forums and/or life in general, etc.

I've popped in and out on occassion and posted a few things over the past few years. I just saw Opeth and wanted to come here and get others thoughts. So I decided to "call out" the old-timers - what's the problem with that?

Regardless - hi and welcome to the forum.

No you didn't get my point, what I meant is that I see old members posting in this thread, but I haven't seen them posting in other threads before, so my question was how did they know that you were asking for them :lol: And "old timers" isn't an insult, is just the first thing I thought to describe them :)