Opeth Forum - Premium Members...

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
If i pay the $15 a year to be a premium member, can i post off topic threads? :erk:

every day....day after day....i come on here and all i see is:

"mike, the new jesus"

"ugly skanks who like opeth, call me plz"

"who is melinda, i must know!!??"

"post yet another clip of you playing an opeth riff"

i seriously am going to go insane if this forum doesnt get some variety, Anna, Moonlapse, ANYONE...lets come to a compromise here, PLEASE!

And moonlapse, im being serious...i think we need to confront this matter ASAP...if you delete this thread im going to stab you in the face...no offense.

Well, it 'is' the Opeth forum. There is a wide world of foruming out there on UM, all completely unrelated to Opeth. Most people would start frequenting those forums if they got sick of Opeth chatter. That's a pretty easy solution.

On the other hand, we've tried to convince Anna that it's for the best interests for the community on here that we at least be allowed some non-Opeth chatter. She didn't seem to agree.

Like I've said before. Your best bet is to keep bombarding her and the band with emails, until they give in. Get as much support as you can and just go for it.

NineFeetUnderground said:
every day....day after day....i come on here and all i see is:

"mike, the new jesus"

"ugly skanks who like opeth, call me plz"

"who is melinda, i must know!!??"

"post yet another clip of you playing an opeth riff"

:lol:

This is true.

I don't quite understand Anna's ordeal with off-topic discussions here on these forums, so do e-mail her indeed.

She's married to the guy that owns the place. I guess that entitles her to half of what's his.

Doesnt bother me either way. I go to GMD to argue about other bands.

Well i think it costs money for this board and therefore would cost more money to have an offtopic one, so really would you want to pay money soe people cannot talk about you??

i dont frequent forums at all. this forum is the ONLY one i go to, for its the only band that has a forum that i really care about....and i like discussing things on here...theres been some great conversation in the past, and id like it to continue...and i frankly dont see why we cant talk about whatever we want...weve all supported the band to a degree, be it buying cds, or records, or shirts, or concert tickets....i think that entitles the fans to be able to converse with one another does it not? correct me if im wrong.

I don't think it entitles us to anything. I would preffer if it did, but we have to face the fact that we abide by their wishes here. Until they decide to change them, we have to live with it.

I can understand their point of view to a degree. They pay money for the upkeep of this place, and don't want it all wasted amongst countless spam threads, as has been the case in the past. So they've taken an extreme approach. This, ironically, will still destroy the community on here.

i guess it's good to pay for this forum, to support it and stuff, but i really don't see any compulsion to put down money for that. especially if so many people have such a bad opinion of it.

^Exactly. This forum cops more shit than any other at UM (except maybe CoB), and undeservedly so. There's been a lot of generalizations about the population of raving, drooling fanboys in these parts, and although this hasnt been the most interesting place with the Opeth-only policy, I, for one, am glad to have stuck around.

And Hypnos, I can understand what you mean, and it seems fair that the regulars who give their support to this board should have a few more privilages, but who's to say which post is valuable off-topic and which is spam? I don't think Moonlapse is willing to have to make that choice for the whishes of the band.

The SOT guys are pretty cool. Lots to talk about there.
Or we could buy the owners out!

Decadent said:
^Exactly. This forum cops more shit than any other at UM (except maybe CoB), and undeservedly so. There's been a lot of generalizations about the population of raving, drooling fanboys in these parts, and although this hasnt been the most interesting place with the Opeth-only policy, I, for one, am glad to have stuck around.

And Hypnos, I can understand what you mean, and it seems fair that the regulars who give their support to this board should have a few more privilages, but who's to say which post is valuable off-topic and which is spam? I don't think Moonlapse is willing to have to make that choice for the whishes of the band.

werd up, yo.

Decadent said:
you actually misunderstood me. im not talking about just supporting this board...im talking about all of us who support this band. No offense to mike and the opeth crew, but theyre living off of this band now (correct me if im wrong, but that what ive heard), and being a band... it is because of the fans who are buying the records, the merchandise and the tickets to their shows...i cant imagine it costs too much to keep the forum going, and id be glad to make a bit more of a donation to the band or the forum if it means we can have the freedoms of speech and discussion with our fellow Opeth fans that i think we should be entitled to...at least to an extent. is it really hurting the band or anyone? i dont think so...if anything, keeping the fans happy and on the "up and up" with this forum and with one another and such will keep people into the band, and help introduce more people into the band, and into this forum as well. given the current state of the forum, any new member is going to think this forum is boring, abusive, redundant and probably a waste of time in many respects...yes, i know im probably partially responsible, but i hate stupidity/ignorance and im only human afterall, not to mention my main motive for any slander or negativity is usually because im trying to keep this place interesting (i know im not alone on this)...not to hurt anyones feelings for real. Anyway, this forum needs a kick start and a makeover, badly...lets get a petition or something going that maybe we could present to Anna or Mike or whoever it needs to be presented to.