Opeth Forum - Premium Members...

i used to love this forum when it also had an off-topic area. there were so many people, now theyve all fucked off to other forums...all scattered. so sad. it hurts me even more as opeth is my fave band ever.

every other forum on these boards can have off-topic threads. i hang out on antimatter and anathema and yes we do have fights, shit stirring and all that but still all is in order in the end, really.

This forum costs Opeth $80 a year.

And look, I haven't been here that long, but I really like this board. I mean, this is my favorite band, and the way *I* would like this forum to be is just a gathering of Opeth fans - not just to talk about Opeth, but a place for Opeth fans to meet and talk about ANYTHING. I would definitely support an off-topic subforum for that type of stuff, and I don't see why there isn't one. does anyone else agree?

then again, I haven't paid my $15....so I'm using this place for free.

NineFeetUnderground said:
do you serve a purpose?

yea, i didnt think so. thanks for that childish post, feel special. <3
Don't feel insulted, 9ft, it was just a sarcastic attempt against the predjudice of stupid americans. It's not a shame that you did not get it. A purpose ? Do i need a purpose ? Maybe i'm here for my own fun ? Not everyone posts here just to show off how incredibly superior he is regarding taste and intellect, you know ?

mot- said:
Don't feel insulted, 9ft, it was just a sarcastic attempt against the predjudice of stupid americans. It's not a shame that you did not get it. A purpose ? Do i need a purpose ? Maybe i'm here for my own fun ? Not everyone posts here just to show off how incredibly superior he is regarding taste and intellect, you know ?
and considering you take every attempt possible to insult me, my superior taste and intellect must be pretty threatening to you...but for that Mot, i dont want you to feel insulted either, for you cannot help it.

in any case, id prefer it that if any thread on this forum will be taken seriously, its this one. so i kindly ask you and everyone else to refrain from turning this into a retard fest like the others...in hopes that it will maybe make a change in this forum.

doubtful, that would involve genocide. the retards will always be out there. but look on the bright side, it's funny. sometimes.

NineFeetUnderground said:
and considering you take every attempt possible to insult me, my superior taste and intellect must be pretty threatening to you...but for that Mot, i dont want you to feel insulted either, for you cannot help it.

in any case, id prefer it that if any thread on this forum will be taken seriously, its this one. so i kindly ask you and everyone else to refrain from turning this into a retard fest like the others...in hopes that it will maybe make a change in this forum.
You should get a new keyboard.

Yours truly,
rufz.gif

I visit this forum as least once a day, usually more just to keep up with what’s going on. I normally don’t post because there’s not much to discuss. I really don’t like posting one-liners or getting involved in flame sessions or whatever other irritating threads are created.

Opeth is obviously my favorite band, and frequenting this forum does keep us one step ahead of the non-UM fan (I don’t know how most of you know the crap you do sometimes). I’m surprised Mikael, or the band, doesn’t post here more often as seeing how extreme some of their fans are.

I prefer reading on-topic threads & discussions, but honestly, there really is not much else to post about. I’m sure when the new album gets close to releasing & then soon after, there will be nothing but on-topic threads, but in the meantime, as seeing how we have at least one thing in common, it would be nice to slightly off-topic discussion. I know there’s always the angle of who’s gonna decide what’s “too far off”…. Isn’t that you Moonlapse?

BTW – Most impressive work so far being the mod moonlapse. You use fair judgment (no pun intended), keep an open and usually neutral mind, intelligent posts & are an active part of the community. Excellent work my friend. I want to see more divx clips of your band also.

The End
Robert.

Moonlapse said:
Well if you get a petition together to, at the very least, extend our discussion area to include general music discussion, I'd gladly put my name (alias?) down.

alright everyone, there is a new thread with the official petition. everyone for this cause, please sign your name under it with the number in which you arrive/post. thank you