Any one not using ANY waves?

jdolese1226

Jun 12, 2013
Louisiana
I'm just wondering how many people are not using waves plugins, I never use them. Fab Filter is where i stand haha, i really just don't like the look, feel, and functionality of waves plugins.

There's some really cool waves plugin and they hold there forth with a particular crowd, I think not using ANY of there plugins might be hard. That been said; Fab Filter is where it's at! There stuff in great sounding, effective, ergonomic and easy to use plus it's not "trying to hardware," they're a digital beast and they know it. Hope they get bigger and bigger, them and slate are probably my favorite audio software companies by a long shot.

PS: I wouldn't put my hands on any eq that wasn't FabQ if I was given all options, EQuality isin't half as intuitive lol

I feel like a paid review or something, shoot me already!

I feel like a paid review or something, shoot me already!

Haha really dude, you sound it. But I never agreed so much with a statement about fab filter, especially with the analyzer showing what's being changed and 26 nodes of frequencies. I bought the pro bundle, oh lord man. It's fucking great. Like really it's phenomenal

I'm just wondering how many people are not using waves plugins, I never use them. Fab Filter is where i stand haha, i really just don't like the look, feel, and functionality of waves plugins.

I used them for a while, then I stopped. I think using few is good, but using them all the time isn't so great as I find them to kind of be lazy peoples plugins, and so using them feels like mixing by numbers.

I was using nothing but free plugs until this summer. I bought the CLA comps, C4, and L2 since the were on sale. Cla-2a, Cla-76, and L2 get multiple uses on every mix now. I'm sure there are probably netter alternatives out there, but for now I'm very happy.

I use UAD way more than the few Waves I have. I just love the sound of the 1776 compared to the CLA76. EQ-wise I'm all about Fabfilter, Q10 and all that are piss poor.

I use waves plugins, but UAD has amazing products. I actually prefer them over waves plugins.