Any singers want to help me out with a Nevermore cover?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
I started covering a Nevermore tune for fun today and thought it would be a cool idea to not only just do the guitars and what not but turn it into a proper cover and promote it via my project.

So...is there any vocalists who would be willing to put down some vocals on it?

I also must say, I recorded the song in standard 7 string tuning, mainly due to the guitar not being happy at Bb, plus it sounds a little different :)

Oh yeah, I think im just going to leave it double tracked but I put fresh strings on the guitar and bass before tracking so once ive got it finished im putting it all out on the forum as a new "DI reamping thing", like the Rose of Sharyn DI's....but Nevermore with backing track etc. Reamping rhythm guitars & bass for it tomorrow yay!

So yeah, don't have to be a Warrel copy at all, but still somebody with melody :Smokedev:

Peace!

Sing Along Elmo Version in Bb: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/Narco_Rough_Track2.mp3

Yeah should be pretty interesting! I'll drop the rough track on here today sometime and you can have a play about....the "preferred" one will be on the "finished" version of which i'll be making a little YT video for, with credits of course :)

Then ill post all the DI's/backing for everybody to fool with.

Hell yeah that sounds sweet Christian!

Narcosynthesis is the song :)

Im still trying to decide weather I should quad track it or leave it double tracked....hmm

I prefer your Guitar tones over ANYONE elses on this forum (apart from the forums namesake, maybe:)). They sound fantastic. The attack is so crisp. The tight playing is where it all starts from I guess. If you tamed the flub on some of the palm-mutes they would be perfect. Nice job dude. :worship:

Care to share any details, amp/cab/mic/EQ? I don't want to derail your thread too much, sorry.

I prefer your Guitar tones over ANYONE elses on this forum (apart from the froums namesake maybe:)). They sound fantastic. If you tamed the flub on some of the palm-mutes they would be perfect. :worship:

Wow thanks man, im abit taken aback! :tickled:

The clip at the top is just X30 amp sim btw if your referring to that? Just what I use to monitor before I give it the real amp treatment :Shedevil:

Great playing James. Quad it up I say. Would have been nice in the original tuning, but its done now :D

Cheers Kev!

Yeah I did try and put the guitar down to Bb but it needed a total overhaul to do so, so I went to my regular tuning and it was fine so I stuck with that. I think we are all so used to the original version so this sounds a bit different, but at the end of the day the sole purpose of doing this was to give you guys some new tracks to play about with :)

It shouldn't be any problem to pitch shift the whole song half a step with a good pitchshifter plugin, i don't care what tuning it is. See if i can lay down the track this week :)

Damn, it sounds brilliant for an amp sim. Can't wait to hear the real amp version. I guess it is 99% the playing then.

I edited my original post after you quoted it with my spelling mistakes, etc... :lol: