Any singers want to help me out with a Nevermore cover?

Hey Thanks Sonny & Kimon for your comments! :) It´s good to hear that. Takin´it into account for the main vocal session. The clip just shows the direction I would like to go with it. Still not sure if B or Bb..seems like I have to try it out.

Hey Thanks Sonny & Kimon for your comments! :) It´s good to hear that. Takin´it into account for the main vocal session. The clip just shows the direction I would like to go with it. Still not sure if B or Bb..seems like I have to try it out.

Well both B and Bb sound good, its just I'm a major Nevermore fan so I'm used to hearing it in Bb, but doing it in B would give it a new sound, your own sound :devil:

Felix my man!

Awesome job as was expected and as usual. Very little I can add in the way of any meaningful critique ... only 1 thing comes to mind: Your enunciation in some parts needs to be more pronounced. You made some small changes in the melodies and thats cool, you're a different singer and you SHOULD do things in your style while trying to stay relatively faithful to the original. Just some small parts are not as sharp in the attack of the syllables and I think that is actually a very important part of the overall feel of the song. Example, the end of the clip when you say "narcosynthesis" ... the "th" sounds more like a "d" and so the attack of the word is lessened and overall seems too rounded off. I know a lot of it has to do with your accent but it may be something to practice just a little .. really try to get comfortable with that sound in your singing.

Nothing else I can think of except that ... you sound fantastic on this bro:headbang:

@Felix, the first listen was a bit weird, cause it is different to what Warrel sings, but once my mind deleted Warrel vocal lines, then I have to say that it is really brilliant. We didn't expect lees from you! haha.... But, I'm sure that you can do it even better. Remember the Stand Up And Shout cover, the first recording was great, the second was awesome!

@Akarawd, there are still things to improve. You should try to be yourself and sing the way you consider better for you vocal talent, not try to imitate warrel, his singing is too personal and imitations won't succeed.

Ok, that's it... I remind myself of those X Factor dumbass judges!:loco:

Felix my man!

Awesome job as was expected and as usual. Very little I can add in the way of any meaningful critique ... only 1 thing comes to mind: Your enunciation in some parts needs to be more pronounced. You made some small changes in the melodies and thats cool, you're a different singer and you SHOULD do things in your style while trying to stay relatively faithful to the original. Just some small parts are not as sharp in the attack of the syllables and I think that is actually a very important part of the overall feel of the song. Example, the end of the clip when you say "narcosynthesis" ... the "th" sounds more like a "d" and so the attack of the word is lessened and overall seems too rounded off. I know a lot of it has to do with your accent but it may be something to practice just a little .. really try to get comfortable with that sound in your singing.

Nothing else I can think of except that ... you sound fantastic on this bro:headbang:

Thanks a ton, brother! Critique is golden :worship: I absolutely hear ya and I will take care about it for sure!! Dis is absolutely drilling..äh thrilling :D

@Jevo, thanks for taking the time listening to it! :) Glad you liked it! Yeah although I really enjoyed singin´it, Ididn´t have the balls trying some weird stuff. But maybe I should try, cause this song is the perfect platform trying stuff like this..haha (Warrel fuckin IS weird, but brilliant at the same time) I wanna wait what Jaymz is saying about it.

@akarawd your version is very, very entertaining :) Kudos for the courage to perform like this! I like it in a certain way.

Here is the Chorus, I performed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Narcosynth_Felix2.mp3

I accidentally sang WE instead of YOU...sorry for this.

couldnt download it earlier, now it worked
Sounds like stuff I'm used to hear from you Felix: simply awesome!
I'm not that familiar with the original track, but that just sound great to me :D

Hell yeah Felix that sounds REALLY good!

Would be really interested to hear you do the Bb version, of which is the only link ive left on the OP. Your voice really fits it like a glove, different to Warrel but in a good way. I think certain parts beefed up with some dirty backing *of which I or somebody else* could do would set that off lovely! How very British of me :D :worship:

Thank you very much @Mago! Freut mich, daß es dir was daugt!! :kickass:

Hell yeah Felix that sounds REALLY good!

Would be really interested to hear you do the Bb version, of which is the only link ive left on the OP. Your voice really fits it like a glove, different to Warrel but in a good way. I think certain parts beefed up with some dirty backing *of which I or somebody else* could do would set that off lovely! How very British of me :D :worship:

Jaymz I have to be honest...I´m very glad, you like it! It means a lot. Thank you :worship:
Can´t wait starting to record the vocals along the Bb track after those celebrations in the next days. I´m sure the Bb track will be cool for me, as well.

@crillemannen! As I told you in the P.M I totally like your vocals, especially in the chorus. Really good work, man!

Awesome stuff guys, its good to post your clips here as we can all enjoy each others styles!

Yeah Felix, its sounding bang on! :headbang:

Can't wait to get the backing sorted, its been quad tracked now, just need to lay the solo down, then reamp the guitars and bass, get the vocals in and we are good to go :popcorn:

Oh yeah, im no longer "the_shred" :D People can now distinguish me a bit more by whats nearly my name :D

Fuck yeah! :kickass: It already sounds so good with amp sim, hard to imagine it´ll be even better sounding then. I´m corious as fuck.

Congratz to your new forum name btw! Jaymz sounds cool and we all know you under this name anyway :headbang: