Any Sodom fans here?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
After years and years of listening to metal and listing bands like the big 4, Testament, Exodus, Kreator etc among my faves, I've just never given these guys the time of day.

Until now that is. I've been listening to Agent Orange, and In War and Pieces, and I have to say these guys are just crushing!!!!! Loving these records and wondering why I've taken so long to get into them!!!!

Are any of you guys fans, and if so what are your fave records??

Cheers

Bit like you, I always perceived them as a second rate band otherwise they would have been 'bigger'. As a result I never gave them a go. I may do now

This is one of those bands I've always heard of, but never really gave them much of a chance. I'll have to do so soon.

I was just about to post the same topic; over the past 2 weeks I've been discovering them. They're playing a rare show in Dublin next month; always been one of the Thrash acts I never gave time of day to either, but 5 or 6 albums in now, I'm glad I did.

'Agent Orange' and 'Persecution Mania' from the 80s I think are excellent; as good as their peers like Kreator (my favourite metal act after Anthrax). 'In War and Pieces' (2010) I got yesterday, haven't listened yet, but I did hear 'Epitome of Torture' (2013) and I thought it was very good. Not as good as Kreator's amazing 'Phantom Antichrist', but quite high quality in it's own right. To hear an example of Sodom at their best, I cannot recommend highly enough the lead-off track from that 2013 album, 'My Final Bullet' - crushing verses, amazingly catchy chorus, modern day Thrash at it's finest.

I also heard their latter day masterpiece (as fans call it), 'M-16' (2001 I think), it's very high rated in the metal community, and I would agree, it is wonderful.

1997's 'Til Death do us Unite' I heard last week, and loved it; Thrash, Hardcore Punk, and hints of Motorhead; it is a seriously good album.

I preferred Sodom's latest 'Epitome of Torture' to the new Testament and Overkill albums; their new one I think due out this year.

If you liked 'Agent Orange', then you will love Sodom!

Essential seems to be one of the three; 'Agent Orange', 'Persecution Mania', or 'M-16'.

'Persecution' for me would be the best, though I've only heard 6 thus far. 'Agent Orange' is mostly excellent also; the title track alone justifies it being a thrash classic.

Heard their cover of Accept/ACDC I'm a Rebel.

liked it. Favorited it on Youtube. :D

Someone dubbed it to that goofy movie Hot Rod.