New music - New bands.

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
I know this might be a weebit off topic, but I was inpsired by the fact that good ol Sara got me started listening to Dimmu last time I saw her.

Sooo I'm listening to one of my top 5 favorite metal groups right now and wonderd how many folks enjoyed them as well - or even heard of them.

The band is Sodom. I've listened to these guys since they first came out, and recently rebuilt my collection.

Listening to the classic Agent Orange CD right now.

So any of you like this band? And any of you have sort of obscure thrash/ect bands you'd like to introduce to folks?

If you like that full production black metal sound, then Dimmu can't be beat. I really enjoy the musicianship, and I thank God that the lyrics are indecipherable because I don't think He would appreciate them or be very receptive to me listening to the music if I could understand the message.

Enthroned Darkness Triumphant has got to be one of the greatest black albums ever, musicianship-wise. I love the over-the-top keyboards. :headbang:

As for Sodom, I've heard of them, but haven't heard them.

this band is like a movie i've never seen

http://www.unexpect.com/

http://www.myspace.com/unexpect

An eclectic band rooted in the creative soils of Montreal, Quebec. unexpecT is a metal laboratory mixing elements of black, death, core, symphonic, progressive and melodic metal; classical, operatic, medieval, goth, electro, ambient, psychotic, noise and circus music with an occasional jazzy touch. The septet includes a violin, keyboards/sampling, a singing contemporary dancer, a 9 stringed bass, 2 guitarists/singers and a drum. The vocal performance of the two singers range from an extreme to the other as they alternate between glorious choirs; inhuman screams of deep, high, mid-growl and delirious intensity; theatrical narrations; and clean/sober sections strewn with a female singer who's angelic voice could melt the will of the most vile politician.