Any software that could mix/merge two or more impulse responses (IR's)?

spycam

Ruination
Sep 12, 2006
www.ruination.lt
Any software that could mix/merge two or more impulse responses (IR's)?

I know about one: Redwirez MixIR, but for now i don't want to buy their impulses to get access to MixIR in the owners lounge.

Are the any others?

well, you got me wrong.
Imagine, that i have 2 or 3 impulses and i want to have them mixed to have 1 WAV file. So i need an app to make 1 IR WAV file from a few ones, that in the end would sound the same

Yeah I focused on the mix-part of your question.
But still same idea applies. Upload the IR's .wav-file to different tracks in the daw. Make the same level adjustments as your monitored version. Export in mono.

But to match levels in DAW exactly, you must disable auto leveling in in impulse loader or result will be not similar.

Hmm
what i was going to try was in Wavelab to select one wav (mono) and use to paste special > MIX it to another wav file and then normalize the levels

Well, i tried to mix impulses and it failed. The resulting IR caused lots of high's and it sounded totally different from what i should be sounding like :(

It can be due to auto-leveling, without it premixed impulse and combined in impulse loader sounds the same.

Don't laugh at what you have no clue buddy.
I want to make a combined/mixed impulse (IR) file to use it on Axe-FX processor, it offer 10 user slots for custom cabinet IRs and now i have to use 2 or 3 impulses per preset to have a sound i want. Mixing/combining impulse files to only 1 WAV IR file would help to save processing power (it is less intensive to use 1 IR than 2 or 3 ones at a time in realtime) and to have more "sounds" as i could have 10 different "tones" with 10 cabinets, not 3-5 cabinets like i have now.

deLuther, i still do not understand what you're saying. I have Cubase 5, i also could ask friends with Wavelab or Soundforge, or possibly other WAV editors to help me, but i'm not sure how to mix the IRs right, as one of tries already failed.

Ohhhh, I get you now. I thought you were only talking about blending multiple impulse files at the tracking/mixing stage within the DAW.

Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised mixing the .wav files as suggested didn't work as planned. I don't have much experience with that level of digital manipulation, but I'm sure anyone that knows their way around Wavelab would be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck.

you're talking about mixing already-made impulse files

in order to do what you want to do, you'd need to have the recorded sine sweeps from all 3-5 of those mic positions. instead of exporting one at a time and going through deconvolver to make impulses, you'd export all of them at once and make single impulse from all 3-5 raw audio recordings

in other words

you can't take the table of contents from three different books and smash em together to make an ultra novel

need the actual content bro

I have impulses already, just need to mix them up.

http://eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/redwirez/

yeah. again, you need the actual recordings. it sounds like you've never made impulses before. what happens is a test tone is sent through a poweramp/cab, recorded with a mic, and then that recording is exported and imported into something like voxengo deconvolver. from that, you can generate the ultra-tiny impulse files.

here's what you're not seeing: the ultra tiny impulse files you're seeing are not going to mix with anything. it's not a mix. you need to mix the mic positions FIRST, then export all of that into one .wav file, then deconvolve THAT.

You could try this: send your preamp track to 3 different aux tracks with an impulse loader on each of them, use the 3 different impulses, and then sum these 3 tracks to mono